year Evanston General Hospital a not for profit health care organization had the following revenue related transactions amounts summarized for the year
1. Services provided to inpatients and outpatients amounted to $9,600,000 of which $450,000 was for charity care; $928,000 was paid by uninsured patients; and $8,222,000 was billed to Medicare, Medicaid, and insurance companies.
2. Donated pharmaceuticals and medical supplies valued at $265,000 were received and utilized as general expenses.
3. Medicare, Medicaid, and third-party payors (insurance companies) approved and paid $5,365,000 of the $8,222,000 Billed by the hospital during the year (see transaction 1).
4. An unconditional contribution of $5,000,000 was received in cash from a donor to construct a new facility for care of Alzheimer's patients. The full amount is expendable during the current year.
5. A total o $965,000 was received from the following activities/sources: cafeteria and gift shop sales, $710,000; medical seminars, $125,000; unrestricted transfers from the Evanston General Hospital Foundation, $75,000; and fees for medical transcripts, $55,000.
6. Uncollectible accounts totaling $3,250 were written off. The allowance for uncollectible receivables was increased by $1,170.
a. On which statement would restricted contributions be reported? Explain.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.