PSY 250 Week 4 Individual Assignment Behavioral and Social-Cognitive Approaches to Forming Habits
Instructions: Create a 12- to 15-slide presentation analyzing the formation of habits using behavioral and social-cognitive approaches. Your presentation should cover the following areas:
- Analyze one of your habits. How did you develop this habit? Were there role models for this habit? Which people influenced the adoption of this habit?
- Why do you continue it? Has there been a time when you have attempted to break this habit?
- Use the behavioral personality theory to explain why you have this habit.
- Describe components of social-cognitive theory that explain why the habit formed.
- Develop a plan that applies operant conditioning to change this habit.
- Between the behavioral and social-cognitive theories, which one do you find best explains your personality? Include detailed speaker notes on each slide, along with title and reference slides. Provide 3 to 4 references. Format any citations in your presentation according to APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.