NTC 300 Week 5 Learning Team: Cloud Implementation Proposal, Final
Instructions: Refer to the Project Overview in Week One. Your Cloud Implementation Proposal presentation should leadership influence the board of directors to consider company security related issues, review current company practices, and increase the IT security budget along with staffing to meet industry standard practices. Consolidate your assignments from Weeks Two, Three, and Four, incorporating faculty feedback and the new inclusions in Week Two and Week Three into a 20- to 25-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation. Include the following:
- From Week Two, Cloud Implementation Proposal project plan detailing all the tasks, as well as a timeline and Learning Team member assignments, including:
- Start date and end date
- Owner/Learning Team member for each task
- Delivery models - A discussion of the delivery models that might be used and why
- Migration overview - A brief overview of the methods recommended for migrating to cloud services • New inclusion:
- Different risks the company must consider (e.g., regulatory, criminal, and others your team considers noteworthy) Note: You may use examples from current newsworthy cases of IT security failures.
- From Week Three, changes and/or best practices that must be incorporated within the IT development function. This development function is critical, since new systems need to be designed for better security than the legacy systems currently used, including:
- Tech refresh plan
- Business goals (e.g., increase productivity, reduce cost)
- Methods for building upon foundational architectures
- Server consolidation
- Economies of scale
- Cloud infrastructure mechanisms
- Maintenance of existing applications
- New inclusion:
- Changes and/or best practices that must be incorporated within the IT development function Note: This development function is critical, since new systems need to be designed for better security than the legacy systems currently used.
- From Week Four, how the organization can manage the integration of security practices and tools with human behavior. Your audience is the entire company. Include:
- How to make security important to everyone
- The best methods to communicate information on security related issues
- Lastly, include:
- Condensed policy, procedures, and security plan
- Disaster recovery plan
- Videos, audio, photos, diagrams, or graphs as appropriate
- Speaker notes to elaborate on the key points of your plan
- Audio narration within your presentation Submit your assignment using the Assignment Files tab
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.