MTH 215 Week 4 Individual Assignment Signature Assignment: Creating Visuals from Data
Instructions: The purpose of this assignment is to have you practice creating visuals using the data from the topic you chose in Week 3. Creating charts and trend lines is an important skill used in many careers. Watch How to Create Trend lines and Scatterplots in Excel®. Watch Week 4 Lynda.com® Video: Adding Trend lines to Charts. Create at least two visuals using your data.
- Create a scatter plot of the data, and apply a linear model (also known as a regression) in Excel®.
- Create a scatter plot of the data, and apply an exponential model in Excel®.
- Include the equation and R2 value on the visuals.
- Determine whether the linear or the exponential model is a better representation of your data to make your prediction. Explain why the model you chose is a better representation of your data. Hints for Making an Effective Chart:
- Decide why you are making a chart from this data.
- Rename the chart title to something appropriate for the data.
- Put in a descriptive x-axis label.
- Put in a descriptive y-axis label.
- Resize the chart as needed so it is easily viewable. Submit your visuals in either an Excel® file or a Word document. Your assignment will be graded using the Week 4 Grading Guide. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.