MGT 312 ENTIRE COURSE(2018)
MGT 312 Week 1 Individual Assignment Organizational Behavior in the Workplace
Complete the Organizational Behavior in the Workplace
the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
MGT 312 Week 2 Learning Team Assignment Learning Team Charter
In this course, your team will work together to complete a few
assignments. This chartering assignment is designed to help you apply
your project management skills to understand the scope of your project,
then break the project into goals, tasks, responsibilities, resources, and
milestones. The assignment also asks you to discuss and answer some
questions that will lay the foundation for developing your project.
Beyond the Standard Charter
You will notice that this chartering process goes beyond your standard
University of Phoenix Charter by helping your team create a project
plan for team success by providing you with opportunities to define your
deliverables, recognize the connections between the deliverables and
other classroom activities, determine your timelines and milestones,
identify each team member's expected contribution, and answer
questions that lay the foundation for building your projects.
Putting "I" in "Team"
Important to note is the section for defining learning team expectations
related to participation, collaboration, communication, team
contributions, assignment deadlines, and other considerations. Please
take the time to discuss and document how your team will address
each area and any challenges that may arise. It is important to
understand that we are "Putting 'I' in 'Team'". In short, we will recognize
and reward individuals according to their contributions to team output,
not according to their team membership. This means that individual
grades may be different from the team grade depending on each
individual's contribution to each team deliverable.
Completing this Assignment
To complete this assignment, please do the following:
Review the Charter and Project plan.
Review the weekly Learning Team deliverables.
Complete the provided Learning Team Charter and Project Plan,
including the following: team member contact information, project by
week, learning team expectations, team discussion questions.
MGT 312 Week 2 Learning Team Assignment Diversity and Personality at Work
You are assigned to work on a team in the workplace with a person
who has a different personality type than you. Connect with your team
members who have a different personality than you.
Create a 700-word paper which includes the following:
- A description of each team member's personality type
- A description of the advantages of working with those with differing
- A discussion of the disadvantages of working with those with
differing personality types
- Examples of ways organizations can manage a diverse group of
Cite 1-3 business sources not including the text that support the team's
ideas regarding personality.
MGT 312 Week 2 Individual Assignment Big Five Personality Types
Complete the "What Is My Big Five Personality Profile?" selfassessment.
Write a 1,050-word paper in which you address the following:
- Do you agree with the results of your assessment?
- Based on the results of your assessment, what do you see as your
strengths and weaknesses?
- How might your personality type influence your job performance?
MGT 312 Week 3 Learning Team Assignment Organizational Climate
Locate a list of the 100 best companies to work for by using a search
Research companies from that list to ensure sufficient information is
available to review the Organizational Behavior environment of that
Look for the following key words: amplifying effect, pro-social behaviors,
positive deviance, conscious capitalism.
Select one of the companies as a team.
Create a 700-word analysis of the team's chosen organization and its
climate regarding organizational behavior.
Include the following in your review:
- Does this organization encourage positive Organizational Behavior?
- If yes, how do they demonstrate this?
- If not, what type of Organizational Behavior do they seem to
Peer Review: The teams will share their findings with at least one other
team in class. The teams will critically analyze the review to see if the
other team provided adequate evidence to support their claims
regarding the organizational climate of the chosen organization.
Incorporate the feedback from the peer review in the conclusion of the
MGT 312 Week 3 Individual Assignment Using Strengths to Increase Motivation
Complete the "What is My Level of PsyCap" self-assessment.
Write a 1,400-word paper in which you include the following:
- Explain why you agree or disagree with your results.
- Develop strategies to advance your career using your strengths.
- How can you use goal-setting to increase motivation and improve job
- How might your engagement as an employee and job satisfaction
influence job performance?
- Discuss at least 5 of the following motivational theories and explain
how these can aid in job performance:
- Extrinsic motivation
- Intrinsic motivation
- McGregor's Theory X and Theory Y
- Maslow's Needs Hierarchy
- Acquired needs theory
- Self-determination theory
- Herzberg's theory of motivation
- Equity theory
- Expectancy theory
MGT 312 Week 4 Learning Team Assignment Formulating Leadership Part II
Create an 8-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation in which you
examine the five bases of power.
Include the following:
- A description of each base
- An example of each as used in the workplace
- An evaluation of which are the most and least desirable
- Ways to increase positive power bases
MGT 312 Week 4 Individual Assignment Working in Groups and Teams
Complete the "Evaluate Team Member Effectiveness" self-assessment.
Write a 1,050-word paper in which you address the following:
- Do you agree with your results?
- Based on your self-assessment, what do you see as your strengths
and weaknesses regarding working on a team?
- Have you ever engaged in social loafing while on a team? Why or
- How does working effectively on a team give you an advantage in
- How do groups normally develop?
- How does the effectiveness of the team members influence the
group's development process?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
MGT 312 Week 5 Learning Team Assignment CAREER CONNECTION: Socialization and Mentoring
CAREER CONNECTION: This assignment builds socialization skills
and establishes the importance of mentoring to aid in career
The team has been invited to present at a conference before top
executives of Fortune 500 companies. The topic the team is presenting
on is "How Can Socialization and Mentoring Be Used For Career
Create a 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation in which you
address the following as they relate to the topic:
- How can socialization and mentoring be used to advance a career?
- How can socialization and mentoring help minimize resistance to
change using the contingency approach?
- How can socialization and mentoring help people embrace these
changes as a part of career advancement?
- Include Feldman's three-phase model of socialization and the six
socialization tactics as part of the discussion.
Cite a minimum of 3 peer-reviewed sources other than your textbook.
Format the references according to APA guidelines and include as a
reference slide at the end of the presentation.
MGT 312 Week 5 Individual Assignment Final Examination
Click the link to the Final Examination available from the end of Week 4
through the end of Week 5.
Complete the Final Examination. You are allowed one attempt to
complete the examination, which is timed and must be completed in 3
hours. Results are automatically graded and sent to your instructor.
Note: The automated final exam was designed in Google Chrome and
is best viewed in the latest version of the browser. If you do not use the
latest version of Google Chrome to view and complete the automated
final exam, you may not be able to view the entire exam content. If you
do not have the most current version of Google Chrome, download the
browser before you enter the exam
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.