The Research Paper must adhere to the following guidelines:
1. The research paper must be chosen from the approved list or a topic approved by the Instructor. This list is available under the Research Paper Topics module. A maximum 10 point reduction in points will be assessed if this requirement is not met.
2. The research paper must include at least four references from peer-reviewed journal articles. Using popular media or internet sources is acceptable, but must be referenced along with the five scholarly articles. A maximum 20 point reduction in points will be assessed if this requirement is not met. Please ask me if you do not understand how to find peer-reviewed journal articles.
3. The research paper must follow APA writing guidelines; Students should familiarize themselves with this style.
4. The research paper must be at least five pages in length, but not more than 8 (this does NOT include the title page, abstract page, or reference page). A maximum 20 point reduction in points will be assessed if the paper does not meet this minimum requirement for length.
5. The paper should be submitted via Blackboard under the Assignments module through Safe Assign to check for plagiarism. Students MUST give credit where credit is due and provide in- text citations as well as a reference page according to APA guidelines. A printed copy should be turned in to the Instructor DURING the class period it is due. Papers turned in after the due date will be subject to a 5 point reduction in points per day as outlined in the syllabus.
Topic selected: 10 points
4 peer-reviewed journal articles: 20 points
5 pages plus title page, abstract page, and reference page: 20 points
APA style followed including proper in-text citations: 20 points
Grammar, punctuation, structure: 30
Quality of paper including the use of research to support Student’s perspective: 50
**As a note, do not use 1st or 2nd person language in research papers (I, you, etc.). Research papers should be written in 3rd person language (the woman, the man, the researcher, etc.).
Research papers should not include events from personal life.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.