HUM 186 Week 5 Individual Assignment Effects of Advertising Presentation
Instructions: Resources: Week 5 readings and videos Choose a product or service from these examples:
- Fast food
- Class of consumer product
- Personal care
- Automobile Research the Internet to analyze how that product or service has been advertised. Prepare a 15- to 20-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation in which you investigate the role of advertising in a culture of consumerism. Be sure to discuss the following:
- Who determines ethical standards for advertising?
- In what ways has advertising affected American culture?
- What are the key persuasive techniques used in consumer advertising? Illustrate with specific examples, explaining how each technique works.
- Discuss some of the critical issues that may arise from the following areas:
- Children and advertising
- Advertising in schools
- Health and advertising
- Political advertising
- Find one example of a commercial that strikes you as particularly creative and appealing:
- What are the elements that are unusual?
- What is the target group of the commercial?
- How does the commercial appeal to consumers?
- Why do you believe this commercial to be effective in brand name recognition?
- How are ethical standards met (or pushed to their limits)? Illustrate your findings with specific examples. List any references on the last slide. Format consistent with APA formatting guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.