HUM 115 Week 3 Individual Assignment Week 3 Points of View Worksheet
- Complete the Points of View Worksheet, attached to the right.
- Review and compare your completed work against the Points of View Grading Guide, attached to the right.
- Submit your assignment file to WritePoint Powered by Grammarly, in the Center for Writing Excellence, and make appropriate revisions.
- Submit your completed assignment by Day 7 (Monday). 5. Double check to make sure the correct file was attached and that the file is formatted as a Microsoft Word document, with a .doc, .docx, or .rtf file extension. Also, open the file after submission to ensure that the contents are what you intended. PURPOSE
In this assignment, you will research a specific issue (health care system, climate change, or national debt) on which you have a strong opinion. You must locate two (2) articles of opposing viewpoints about your chosen topic, as well as assess/explain whether the articles are credible and reliable. You must also critically reflect about whether your opinion still holds true based on the data revealed in the chosen articles. RESOURCES
The following resources may be of assistance when completing this assignment:
- Chapters 7 & 8 of Asking the Right Questions: A Guide to Critical Thinking
- Chapter 5 of Thinking Critically
- Chapter 12 of Critical Thinking: Tools for Taking Charge of Your Learning and Your Life.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context database, located in Specialized Resources in the University Library (see link below): http://ic.galegroup.com.contentproxy.phoenix.edu/ic/ovic/?p=OVIC&u=uphoenix_uopx
- Associate Level Writing Style Handbook, located in the Center for Writing Excellence (see link below): https://ecampus.phoenix.edu/secure/aapd/CWE/pdfs/Associate_level_writing_style_handbook.pdf
- Grammar and Writing Guides: Guidelines for Writing Academic Essays: The Writing Process - Placing Words on Paper, located in the Center for Writing Excellence (see link below): https://ecampus.phoenix.edu/secure/aapd/grammar/gwae/gwaeWriting2.asp
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.