HST 165 Week 2 Individual Assignment the Progressives
Instructions: In 1910, the non-agricultural working force was made up of approximately 38 million men and women, many of whom labored in factories. Frustrated by exploitive working conditions and terrible poverty, some Americans started to protest. They were joined by artists, journalists, politicians, and intellectuals who adopted their cause. As a whole, these reformers were known as Progressives. Select one of the following groups that included members sympathetic to the Progressive cause:
- Factory workers
- Union organizers
- Writers and journalists
- Elected officials
- Settlement House founders
- Socialists and Communists Create a 3- to 4-slide presentation, using Microsoft® PowerPoint®, in which you address each of the following:
- Identify several key members of the selected group.
- Discuss the selected group’s position on reform.
- Discuss how the selected group contributed to positive change. Cite your reference sources consistent with APA guidelines.
- For Online and Directed Study students, these are multimedia presentations with detailed notes on each slide as well as with visuals used to highlight the information on slides.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.