HINF 510 ENTIRE COURSE
HINF 510 Week 1 Individual Assignment Project Selection
Instructions: Deploying a technology-based health care solution is one of the most important tasks a health care IT department can perform. The amount of planning that goes into a project like this is immense and includes not only the implementation and training elements but also the selection and contracting components. Over the next six weeks, you will be asked to take on the role of chief information officer (CIO) for a medium-sized health system that includes five hospitals, three outpatient clinics, and employs about 250 physicians. You are charged with implementing a new health IT system for your organization. During the coming weeks, you will be asked to assess the need for the system, requirements of the organization, product selection, and system implementation along with other key activities leading to the successful deployment of the new system. Write a 350-word proposal in which you select a health IT system you would like to implement. You may select any system you wish; however, the system must have a clinical focus (e.g., Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Consolidated Provider Order Entry (CPOE), ePrescribing (eRX), etc.). Your proposal should include the following:
- Description of health IT system selected
- Reason for selection
- How the system will have an impact on the organization Note. Faculty approval is required before moving on to the subsequent assignments.
HINF 510 Week 1 Individual Assignment Systems Development Life Cycle
Instructions: Develop a 6- to 8-slide presentation that describes the systems development life cycle (SDLC). Cover the following within your presentation:
- Description of the SDLC and its purpose in health IT
- The value of the SDLC and the reason for its use
- The importance of each step to the process as a whole Include detailed speaker notes for each slide. Cite all outside sources according to APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment
HINF 510 Week 2 Individual Assignment Selection Committee and Product Requirements
Instructions: As part of the consulting project for the CHC, you must begin by identifying a selection committee consisting of clinic employees including business, clinical, and operations. Once established, the team must determine the requirements for the new EMR system based on the needs of the organization. Develop the first 2 pages of your portfolio. The first section of your portfolio will describe the composition of the selection committee and includes an outline of the process for establishing requirements. Ensure that you describe the process only and not the actual requirements. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
HINF 510 Week 2 Individual Assignment System Implementation Part 1
Instructions: The executive team of your organization has asked you to present an overview of the new system, selected in Week One, and how this new system will address key issues within the company. Essentially, the team has requested a needs assessment presentation. Create an 8- to 10-slide presentation that addresses the following items:
- High-level summary of the new system
- Description of at least three key objectives of the new system related to organizational goals (e.g., improved patient care and satisfaction, improved efficiency, reduced cost, increased revenue, etc.)
- How the new system will address the objectives
- Potential budget of proposed system
- Potential timeline for implementation Include detailed speaker notes for each slide. Cite all outside sources according to APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
HINF 510 Week 3 Learning Team Assignment Outside Factors Report
Instructions: As the team begins to build the requirements for the new EMR for the CHC, identifying external data requirements and external system connectivity is critical. Develop the next two pages of your portfolio that identifies potential external data sources that would be either in-bound or out-bound from the EMR. These sources might include laboratory or radiology results, health exchanges, or hospitals in the area. Be sure to include detailed speaker notes. Include any feedback provided by the faculty member from the previous week.
HINF 510 Week 3 Individual Assignment Benchmark Assignment: System Implementation Part 2
Instructions: A key element in the implementation process is the identification of organizational and external factors that could negatively affect the implementation of the new system. These factors could include resource constraints, technology limitations, and interoperability restrictions. Develop a worksheet that includes 8 to 12 factors that could have an impact on the implementation of the system. Include the following columns in your worksheet:
- Factor Name
- Description of Factor
- Analyze Impact on Department(s)
- Analyze Impact on Budget
- Analyze Impact on Schedule
- Analyze How to Reduce the Effects Include a minimum of 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references. Format your references according to APA guidelines.
HINF 510 Week 4 Learning Team Assignment Key Elements Report
Instructions: A key element in the identification of an EMR product for the CHC is the evaluation of the products in a live demonstration. To compare the systems on a level playing field, it is necessary to create a set of use cases or demonstration scenarios. These scenarios should be a real-world example and have a scoring sheet that allows the clinic's product evaluation team to grade the products. Develop a 1- to 2-page spreadsheet that identifies one use case or demonstration scenario that includes a real-world clinical activity. Ensure that the team includes a scoring column for each element of the scenario. Include any feedback provided by the faculty member from the previous week.
HINF 510 Week 4 Individual Assignment Benchmark Assignment: System Implementation Part 3
Instructions: As the chief information officer (CIO) of a health system, you understand the importance of testing the design of the new system. You further understand that testing should be done at a variety of levels and a number of different times. Develop a 3- to 4-page paper that includes the following:
- Describe the importance of testing in a new deployment effort.
- List two to three points during implementation when testing should be done.
- List who in the organization should be included for each point above.
- Analyze what their responsibilities will be and how they will contribute to the testing. Include a minimum of 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references. Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
HINF 510 Week 5 Learning Team Assignment Final Team Project
Instructions: Once the team has created the deliverables for the selection process, a short list of vendors should be created to expedite the demonstration process. Finally, once demonstrations are complete, the selection committee will select the final product. Develop the final 2 pages of your portfolio that includes the following:
- Document the process for creating a short list of vendors for demonstration purposes.
- Outline the activities associated with performing demonstrations and grading the use cases to determine the best choice for the clinic. Combine this week's pages along with the previous weeks' pages into one cohesive portfolio. Include any feedback provided by the faculty member from the previous weeks.
HINF 510 Week 5 Individual Assignment Benchmark Assignment: System Implementation Part 4
Instructions: There are a number of strategies for the final implementation of a new system. Each strategy has specific implications for the organization and therefore should be considered carefully. Furthermore, preparation for deployment requires planning in the event that things do not go well. The chief medical officer (CMO) of the health system has concerns regarding the implementation strategy and the recovery plan for clinical information. She has asked you to document the strategies available and provide a recovery plan. Develop a 3- to 4-page paper that includes the following:
- Identify the four common implementation strategies.
- Analyze each strategy based on your project.
- Based on your analysis, select the strategy that best fits your project and explain why.
- Based on the strategy you have selected, analyze the necessary elements of a recovery plan that includes regulatory requirements and industry best practices. Include a minimum of 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references. Format your references according to APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
HINF 510 Week 6 Individual Assignment System Implementation Part 5
Instructions: The executive team has requested that you provide two presentations concerning the newly implemented system. The first 6- to 8-slide presentation will be given to the executive team, and the second 6- to 8-slide presentation will be given to the employees of the organization who will be using the new system. Include the following in each presentation:
- Executive-level presentation
- Benefits of the system
- Capital and ongoing costs
- Resource requirements now and in the future
- Alignment with organizational objectives
- Regulatory and legal considerations
- User-level presentation
- Benefits of the new system
- Training strategy
- User support available
- Workflow considerations
- Value to the patient Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.