HCS 455 Week 4 Learning Team Assignment Current Policy Part II: Topic Selection
Instructions: The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) is the most recent and relevant example of health care reform enacted by the United States government and arguably the most comprehensive policy of health care reform since the enactment of Medicare in the 1960s. As a team, choose one topic that the PPACA addresses from the list below (these were the topics listed on the Health Care Reform Matrix in Week Three). This will become the focus of your Week Five learning team assignment.
- Patient Bill of Rights
- Medical loss ratio
- State-based health insurance exchange
- Federally facilitated insurance exchange
- Consumer assistance programs
- Pre-existing condition insurance plan
- Annual limits
- Coverage for young people
- Grandfathered plans
- Review of insurance plans
- Student health plans
- Self-funded non-federal governmental plans
- Medicaid expansion Write a 175-word summary of your chosen topic. Submit your selected topic to your instructor. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.