HCS 455 Week 3 Individual Assignment the Policy Process: Formulation, Legislation and Implementation
Instructions: Policies are constantly reviewed and considered to help improve the federal, state, or local health care systems. Each one has the potential to affect each of us on a daily basis, so careful consideration must be given when policies are proposed. It is important to understand the process of how a topic eventually becomes a policy. Using your approved topic from Week Two, write a 1,050- to 1,400word paper on the complete process of how your chosen topic becomes a policy. In your paper, include the following information:
- State the objective of the policy.
- Define the formulation stage.
- Explain the process to formulate your policy and the involvement of stakeholders.
- Define the legislative stage.
- Explain the legislative body's approval process needed to gain support (i.e., funding) for the policy and how stakeholders influence legislators' decisions.
- Define the implementation stage.
- Identify the accountable parties and their roles in the various implementation stages of your policy. Cite a minimum of 5 references. Format your paper according to APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.