HCS 451 ENTIRE COURSE
HCS 451 Week 1 Individual Assignment Continuous Quality Improvement Timeline
Instructions: Complete the Continuous Quality Improvement Timeline worksheet to create a timeline in which you explain the evolution of continuous quality improvement in health care. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your worksheet.
HCS 451 Week 2 Learning Team Charter
Instructions: Click the Assignment Files tab to submit the Learning Team Charter to your instructor.
HCS 451 Week 2 Individual Assignment Quality Dimensions and Measures Table
Instructions: Complete the Quality Dimensions and Measures Table worksheet. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your worksheet.
HCS 451 Week 3 Learning Team Assignment Quality Dimensions and Measures Table Paper
Instructions: As a team consider the following scenario: On Dec. 7, 2000, the Cincinnati OSHA office heard through media and police reports that there were two deaths at a nursing home in Ohio. OSHA determined that the FDA should take a lead role in performing an investigation. Since the nursing home had many residents who had unhealthy respiratory systems, the nursing home routinely ordered and received tanks that contained pure oxygen. During one delivery, the supplier mistakenly delivered one tank of pure nitrogen in addition to the three tanks of pure oxygen that had been ordered. The nitrogen tank had both an oxygen and nitrogen label. An employee at the nursing home connected the nitrogen tank to the nursing home's oxygen delivery system. This event caused two nursing home residents to die, and three additional nursing home residents were admitted to hospitals in critical condition. Within the following month, two of these three additional residents also died, bringing the total death toll to four. Note: Based on accident # 837914 www.osha.gov.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which your team compares the Normal Accident Theory to the Culture of Safety model. Include the following in your paper:
- Explain what factors can play a role in organizational accidents similar to the one highlighted in the scenario:
- How can organizational processes give rise to potential failures?
- How can certain conditions influence errors and violations within the workplace? (e.g., operating room, pharmacy, intensive care unit)
- The errors and violations committed by "sharp end" individuals
- How the breaching of defenses or safeguards affect these accidents
- Explain why the FDA, not OSHA, was responsible for investigating this case.
- Explain how the Culture of Safety model could have been applied to reduce risk in this scenario.
- Explain the five general principles used in the Culture of Safety model.
- Explain actions that could have been taken to manage risk by applying each of the five general principles used in the Culture of Safety model to this scenario. Cite at least 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references and your textbook to support your information. Format your paper according to APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your paper.
HCS 451 Week 4 Learning Team Assignment Health Care Organizations Presentation
Instructions: Resource: Week Two individual assignment, Quality Dimensions and Measures Table Research inpatient and ambulatory or ancillary health care organizations. Inpatient health care organizations:
- Hospitals Ambulatory or ancillary health care organizations:
- Dialysis clinic
- Laser eye clinic
- Pharmacy As a team, select one inpatient health care organization and one ambulatory or ancillary health care organization. Create a 12- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation (the title and reference slides do not count toward the total slide count) with detailed speaker notes in which you compare each organization and their quality management performance as an organization. Include the following in your presentation:
- Describe each of the health care organizations selected.
- Explain how to develop improvement capability for organizational performance.
- What resources are needed to develop improvement capability?
- Identify metrics used by each organization to measure each of the six dimensions of high quality discussed in the Week Two Quality Dimensions and Measures Table assignment.
- Describe similarities and differences between the metrics of each organization.
- How do these metrics help develop improvement capability for each organization?
- What quality improvement tools are available to help develop improvement capability?
- Explain transformational improvement in relation to organizational performance.
- What transformational model(s) can be used to assist with transformational improvement in relation to organizational performance? Cite at least 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references and your textbook to support your information. Format your presentation according to APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your presentation.
HCS 451 Week 5 Individual Assignment Benchmark Assignment—Risk and Quality Management Manual
Instructions: Resource: Risk and Quality Management Tools Matrix Imagine you are a quality leader for a health care organization and have been asked to create a manual for new employees to introduce the basic concepts of risk and quality management. Part I: Write a 1,750- to 2,100-word manual in which you address the following:
- Explain basic concepts of quality improvement in the health care industry
- Explain the concepts of risk management in the health care industry
- Analyze the information needed for decision-making processes in risk and quality management in the health care industry
- Explain challenges in making risk- and quality-management decisions in the health care industry Part II: Within your manual, you must include a matrix in which you do the following:
- Analyze the risk-and quality management tools used in the health care industry.
- Consider the following when completing your matrix:
- What is the risk- and quality-management tool?
- What is the purpose of the tool?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the tool selected? To assist you with the development of your matrix, use the Risk and Quality Management Tools Matrix located under student materials. The matrix must be embedded within your training manual. Format your manual according to APA guidelines. Cite at least 4 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
HCS 451 Week 5 Individual Assignment Benchmark Assignment—Accountability and Liability for Individuals and Organizations
Instructions: Imagine you have been working for a health care organization for an extended period of time. It is clear that you have a wealth of information about the accountability and liability that individuals and organizations should be aware of. You have been asked to create an informational handout for new employees to inform them of the importance of being an accountable and liable individual in a health care organization. Select a representative from the health care industry below who will represent the perspective of your paper:
- Long-term care manager
- Physician's front office manager
- Billing specialist Create a 1,050- to 1,400-word pamphlet that conveys the following information:
- Evaluate accountability and liability implications for individuals and organizations in the health care industry.
- Evaluate standards of care and potential liability for health care professionals and organizations.
- Evaluate the status of provider rights and responsibilities in the delivery of health care.
- Evaluate the state and federal statutory and regulatory enactments relative to patient rights and responsibilities.
- Evaluate various forms of health care fraud.
- Evaluate civil and criminal penalties associated with fraudulent activities.
- Analyze the legal and ethical implications of using technology in the health care industry. Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines. Cite 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.