HCS 430 ENTIRE COURSE
HCS 430 Week 1 Individual Assignment Health Care Laws
Instructions: Complete the Health Care Laws Matrix.
- Explain how health care laws are created.
- Evaluate the impact of local, state, and federal laws on the health care industry. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
HCS 430 Week 2 Learning Team Charter
Instructions: Complete your Learning Team Charter. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
HCS 430 Week 2 Learning Team Assignment Articles or Case Law Search
Instructions: The team will research and identify one article or a current legal case (for example, an issue that went to court to have the court determine the outcome) that involves one of the following issues: • A critical regulatory issue in health care
- A critical regulatory issue specific to institutional health care Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper that includes the following:
- Summarize the case or article.
- Explain the impact the regulatory issue has on the health care industry.
- Define the regulations or laws involved with the chosen issue from a state level (choose one common state) and a federal level. Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.
Cite 2 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references to support your paper. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
HCS 430 Week 2 Individual Assignment Regulatory Agency Paper
Instructions: Select one of the following agencies:
- Government or other agency, such as JCAHO, that regulates the health care industry or a particular segment of the industry
- Government agency that regulates prison health care Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper that explains the role and impact of the agency on the health care industry or prison health care. Include the following:
- Describe the agency's structure.
- Explain the organization's effect on health care.
- Describe one example of the agency carrying out its duties.
- Explain what regulatory authority the agency has in relation to health care.
- Explain how agencies deal with the elements of negligence and intentional torts that could affect risk and quality management for health care organizations. Cite 2 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references to support your paper. Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.
HCS 430 Week 3 Learning Team Assignment Types of Consent and Payers
Instructions: Complete the Types of Consent and Payers Chart.
- Describe the principles of the types of patient consent and their impact on the health care industry.
- Describe the legal issues and applicable laws that regulate third-party payers. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
HCS 430 Week 3 Individual Assignment Health Care Regulation Research
Instructions: Research the following health care regulations and select one regulation to focus on for the written assignment:
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010
- HIPAA Privacy Rule
- HITECH Act
- Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970
- False Claims Act
- Anti-Kickback Statute
- Stark Law (Physician Self-Referral Law)
- Human Subject Research Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper that summarizes your health care regulation selection. Include the following:
- Identify selected health care regulation.
- Describe the reason for your selection.
- Identify 5 key points from your research. Cite 2 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references to support your paper. Format your assignment according to APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
HCS 430 Week 4 Learning Team Assignment Contracts and Liability
Instructions: As a team, you have developed an informative training presentation for incoming employees that explains how your company treats contracts, medical liability, and strategies created to prevent errors and avoid potential liability situations for the organization. Your team has been approached by your employer to present at a local conference about contracts and liability. Your team has decided to create an 8- to 10-slide PowerPoint® presentation that will include the following:
- Explain the types and elements of contracts that are applicable to health care providers.
- Analyze medical liability for health care organizations and providers.
- Identify strategies to protect the health care facilities from liability issues. Cite 2 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references. Format your assignment according to APA guidelines. Include a title page, introductory slide, detailed speaker notes, and a references page. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
HCS 430 Week 4 Individual Assignment Benchmark Assignment—Laws and Regulations in Health Care
Instructions: Use the health care regulation you selected in Week Three to complete this assignment. Imagine you are a guest speaker at the Health Care Administrators conference. You have been asked to give a presentation that discusses what impact laws, regulatory agencies, and the use of technology have on the health care industry. Create a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation that addresses the following:
- Evaluate what impact local, state, and federal laws have on the health care industry.
- Analyze the role of accreditation and regulatory agencies in the health care industry.
- Evaluate what impact legal and regulatory requirements have on the development of organizational health care policies.
- Analyze the regulatory issues and trends that have an impact on the health care industry. Format your assignment according to APA guidelines. Include a title slide, an introduction slide, and detailed speaker notes with in-text citations to support your information as fact and give credit to your sources, a conclusion slide, and a reference slide. Cite 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
HCS 430 Week 5 Learning Team Assignment Law Requirements
Instructions: Complete the Law Requirements worksheet. Differentiate between all statutory, regulatory, and common law requirements of confidentiality in the health care industry. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
HCS 430 Week 5 Individual Assignment Benchmark Assignment—Accountability and Liability for Individuals and Organizations
Instructions: Imagine you have been working for a health care organization for an extended period of time. It is clear that you have a wealth of information about the accountability and liability that individuals and organizations should be aware of. You have been asked to create an informational handout for new employees to inform them of the importance of being an accountable and liable individual in a health care organization. Select a representative from the health care industry below who will represent the perspective of your paper:
- Long-term care manager
- Physician's front office manager
- Billing specialist Create a 1,050- to 1,400-word pamphlet that conveys the following information:
- Evaluate accountability and liability implications for individuals and organizations in the health care industry.
- Evaluate standards of care and potential liability for health care professionals and organizations.
- Evaluate the status of provider rights and responsibilities in the delivery of health care.
- Evaluate the state and federal statutory and regulatory enactments relative to patient rights and responsibilities.
- Evaluate various forms of health care fraud.
- Evaluate civil and criminal penalties associated with fraudulent activities.
- Analyze the legal and ethical implications of using technology in the health care industry. Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines. Cite 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.