HCS 370 Week 4 Individual Assignment Benefits of Outsourcing Services
Many companies benefit from outsourcing services because it allows
the company to lower costs, focus on their organizational culture, and
increase the speed and quality of services.
Imagine you have been asked to analyze how the outsourced service
interacts with your company's clients.
Read and select 1 of the following scenarios to complete the
- In 2009, the U.S. Stimulus Act changed the way providers use
electronic health records. A local clinic was informed that to avoid
penalties they would need to adopt a qualified electronic health records
(EHR) system. The clinic managers discussed two options: 1) adopting
an in-house EHR system and 2) outsourcing the EHRs. After weighing
the pros and cons of each option, the company decided to outsource
- Recent research shows that many companies are starting to explore
the idea of outsourcing for their human resources department. A large
pharmaceutical company has begun discussion about outsourcing their
human resources department.
- Atwood Laboratories is a small company that completes lab work
and bills its patients using two staff members. A larger laboratory in the
neighborhood closed its doors recently, which has increased Atwood's
patients and billing. The company is considering outsourcing its patient
billing to accommodate the influx of patients.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper that includes the following:
- Identify the relationship of the outsourced service and what impact it
has on the organizational structure.
- Describe the benefit and alignment of outsourcing services on
- Describe how a company can align the client experience with the
outsourced service along with your organizational culture.
Cite 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references to support your
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.