GLG 150 Week 3 Individual Assignment Land Feature Paper
Instructions: Resources: WileyPLUS® GeoDiscoveries® Write at least a 700-word paper in which you describe how the region you selected in Week 1 was formed according to the theory of plate tectonics. Include the following:
- Explain the theory of plate tectonics.
- Identify factors that influence the location and intensity of earthquakes and volcanoes for the region you have chosen.
- Describe the main movement within the plate tectonics theory that shaped the form and composition of your selected region. Include regional features such as mountains, rivers, lakes, oceans, and deserts.
- Discuss the various geological events that occurred in your selected region.
- Describe the various types of rocks that these geological events formed.
- Examine the relationship between the characteristics of these rocks and the geological events.
- Discuss the importance and economic value of these rocks in your selected region. Cite at least two other sources in addition to your text. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.