GEO 215 Week 2 Individual Assignment Population Movement
Instructions: In this assignment, you will describe the movements of population and the possible outcomes the effect of immigration and emigration may have on region or country. Write a 700-word paper in which you describe the movements of population and the possible outcomes the effect of immigration and emigration may have on a region or country of your choosing. Research and discuss each of the following aspects:
- Identify the elements that compose a population and the factors that influence the population for the region or country you have chosen.
- Describe how the movement of groups of individuals affect the distribution and density of the overall population.
- Explain the effects of large-scale emigration on the places from which migrants depart.
- Describe how cities, regions, or countries may or may not suffer due to of the loss of young, upwardly mobile workers.
- Discuss whether the cities, regions, or countries would benefit from the draining away of surplus labor.
- Examine the region or country from which migrants depart. Describe whether the quality of life improved overall through reduced pressures on local resources or whether damage occurred to the region or country through the deterioration of social structures and institutions. Include at least 3 peer-reviewed resources or references. One of the resources can be the course text. Format your paper according to APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.