GEO 180 ENTIRE COURSE
GEO 180 Week 1 Individual Assignment an Explanation of Earth
Instructions: Consider the following: Imagine that you are sharing information with someone who is not familiar with earth science, how would you describe the following to them? Choose images to assist in your explanation.
- Where is Earth located in relation to the sun?
- How are the seasons controlled by this relationship with the sun? How does this relationship change for different locations on the planet?
- What are the properties of the atmospheric layers? How do these layers help to sustain life on the planet? How thick are each of these layer?
- Can you provide two different map projections of how to find your location? Please provide these for your location. Write a 350- to 700-word response in which you answer the questions above. Include an additional 2 visuals that will help you answer these questions. These are in addition to your maps for your location. Format your response, including the visuals, consistent with APA guidelines. Please remember in text references as well as an end document reference page.
GEO 180 Week 2 Individual Assignment Weather Evolution Worksheet
Instructions: Complete the weather evolution worksheet. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
GEO 180 Week 2 Individual Assignment Atmosphere Diagram
Instructions: Create a diagram or illustration addressing the following: Images need to have figure number, legend, and be referred to in the body of the paper. All borrowed images must be correctly cited. • Identify the different cloud types
- The elevation, air flow, and atmospheric pressure for each cloud type
- How atmospheric pressure affects seasonal changes You may create more than 1 visual or a series of visuals. You may use an image from the internet as long as it is cited and explained in the paper. Please do not upload a picture without an explanation. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
GEO 180 Week 3 Individual Assignment Soil Paper
Instructions: Consider the following: Imagine that you work for the United States Department of Agriculture. One of the farmers in your geographical area asks you what kind of crop would grow most effectively on the farm. Provide advice for this farmer. Write at least a 700-word paper on soil composition in your geographical area. Address the following in your paper:
- The composition of soils
- How soils are formed
- The uses of soils
- The kinds of crops that grow most effectively in your geographical area Include photos, diagrams, or graphs as appropriate. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
GEO 180 Week 3 Individual Assignment Characterization of the Earth’s Interior Presentation
Instructions: Resource: University of Phoenix Material: Help With Microsoft® PowerPoint® Assignments Create an 5- to 7-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation the interior of the earth. Address the following in your presentation:
- Properties of the Earth's inner core, outer core, lower mantle, upper mantle, oceanic crust, and continental crust
- Processes associated with plate boundaries, including the type of boundary, earthquakes, volcanism, and rock deformation
- Relationship between the rock cycle and plate tectonics List major points in the slides. Include video, audio, photos, diagrams, or graphs as appropriate. Include two references, in addition to your course textbook. Cite your sources and format your text consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
GEO 180 Week 4 Individual Assignment Surface and Groundwater Summary
Instructions: Write a 350- to 525-word summary comparing surface and groundwater. Include the following in your summary:
- An explanation of the hydrologic cycle
- Types of rivers and how they form
- How groundwater is stored
- Uses of both surface and groundwater
- How rivers, glaciers and groundwater are affected by climate change Cite references consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
GEO 180 Week 4 Individual Assignment Weathering Brochure
Instructions: Imagine that you are the Director of Environmental Safety for a major city in the United States. As the director, you are asked to write a press release educating the public on chemical and mechanical weathering of national monuments, such as the limestone buildings in Washington, DC, or important tombs made of limestone throughout the country. Create an educational brochure that includes the following information:
- Definitions of both mechanical and chemical weathering
- Descriptions of frost wedging, frost heaving, salt-crystal growth, and exfoliation
- Descriptions of hydrolysis, oxidation and carbonation
- Explanation of the relationship between chemical and mechanical weathering
- Explanation of how human activity affects chemical and mechanical weathering Format your references consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
GEO 180 Week 5 Individual Assignment Climate Comparison
Instructions: Complete the Climate Comparison Cite your sources and format your text consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.