FIN 419 ENTIRE COURSE
FIN 419 Week 1 Individual Assignment Business Structure and Financial Statements
Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to help students gain a better understanding of the importance of the appropriate legal business categories and financial statements as a key management tool for making decisions. Assignment Steps
Develop a 1,050-word evaluation describing business structure and financial statements, including the following:
- Identify and describe the legal categories of a business organization contrasting tax-related advantages and disadvantages.
- Next, using your entrepreneur skills, consider starting your own business. What business structure would you choose and why?
- Discuss financial statements for the chosen business structure, then explain with specific examples from the University Library, how these would help you make decisions about your business. Cite a minimum of two peer-reviewed references. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
FIN 419 Week 2 Learning Team Assignment Charter
Instructions: Overview in this course, your team will work together to complete a few assignments. This chartering assignment is designed to help you apply your project management skills to understand the scope of your project, then break the project into goals, tasks, responsibilities, resources, and milestones. The assignment also asks you to discuss and answer some questions that will lay the foundation for developing your project. Beyond the Standard Charter You will notice that this chartering process goes beyond your standard University of Phoenix Charter by helping your team create a project plan for team success by providing you with opportunities to define your deliverables, recognize the connections between the deliverables and other classroom activities, determine your timelines and milestones, identify each team member's expected contribution, and answer questions that lay the foundation for building your projects. Putting "I" in "Team" Important to note is the section for defining learning team expectations related to participation, collaboration, communication, team contributions, assignment deadlines, and other considerations. Please take the time to discuss and document how your team will address each area and any challenges that may arise. It is important to understand that we are "Putting 'I' in 'Team'". In short, we will recognize and reward individuals according to their contributions to team output, not according to their team membership. This means that individual grades may be different from the team grade depending on each individual's contribution to each team deliverable. Completing This Assignment Do the following to complete this assignment:
- Review the Charter and Project plan.
- Review the weekly Learning Team deliverables.
- Complete the provided Learning Team Charter and Project Plan, including the following: team member contact information, project by week, learning team expectations, team discussion questions.
FIN 419 Week 2 Individual Assignment Time Value of Money Calculations
Instructions: Purpose of Assignment The purpose of this assignment is to allow the students to understand and practice the measurement of present value, future value, and interest rate using Microsoft® Excel®. Assignment Steps Resources: Microsoft® Office® 2013 Accessibility Tutorials, Microsoft® Excel®, Time Value of Money Calculations Template Calculate the following time value of money problems using Microsoft® Excel®:
- If we place $8,592.00 in a savings account paying 7.5 percent interest compounded annually, how much will our account accrue to in 9.5 years?
- What is the present value of $992 to be received in 13.5 years from today if our discount rate is 3.5 percent?
- If you bought a stock for $45 dollars and could sell it fifteen years later for three times what you originally paid. What was your return on owning this stock?
- Suppose you bought a house for $3,250,000 to make it a nursing home in the future. But you have not committed to the project and will decide in nine years whether to go forward with it or sell off the house. If real estate values increase annually at 1.5%, how much can you expect to sell the house for in nine years if you choose not to proceed with the nursing home project?
- If your daughter wants to earn $215,000 within the next twenty-three years and the salaries grow at 4.45% per year. What salary should she start to reach her goal?
FIN 419 Week 3 Learning Team Assignment Cash Flow Estimation
Instructions: Purpose of Assignment The purpose of this assignment is to allow students the opportunity to understand the importance of cash flow and its usefulness in business. Assignment Steps Create a 700-word summary explaining the importance of cash flow.
Include the following:
- How cash flow differs from profits.
- The author of Financial Management mentions seven issues that have to be kept track of during a comprehensive cash flow estimation process. Explain the role of each, when estimating cash flow.
- Why should cash flow be projected for a new product and what other factors should be included in the analysis?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment. Note: Grades are awarded based upon individual contributions to the Learning Team assignment. Each Learning Team member receives a grade based upon his/her contributions to the team assignment. Not all students may receive the same grade for the team assignment
FIN 419 Week 3 Individual Assignment Cash Conversion Cycle Analysis
Instructions: Purpose of Assignment The purpose of this assignment is to help students gain a better understanding of calculations of cash flow and strategies to increase it. Assignment Steps Select a multinational company from the following industries:
- Computer Hardware
- Automotive Review the selected company's most recent financial statements. Calculate the following cash conversion cycle ratios based on the financial statements using Microsoft® Excel®:
- Average inventory
- Inventory turnover rate
- Production cycle
- Average account receivable
- Account receivable turnover
- Average collection cycle Explain in 700 words the importance of the cash conversion cycle, including:
- Discuss the purpose of the cash conversion cycle and its components.
- Analyze the results obtained in the cash conversion cycle equations.
- Propose strategies to increase the cash flows of the company under study. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Click
FIN 419 Week 4 Learning Team Assignment Stock Valuation
Instructions: Purpose of Assignment The purpose of this assignment is to allow students the opportunity to practice stock valuation problems and to locate financial information on the Internet, which can be used to expand their knowledge of how stocks behave. Assignment Steps Resources: Stock Valuation Template Calculate the following stock valuation problems:
- Company X is paying an annual dividend of $1.35 and has decided to pay the same amount forever. How much should you pay for the stock, if you want to earn an annual rate of return of 9.5% on this investment?
- You want to purchase common stock of Company X and hold it for 7 years. The company just announced they will be paying an annual cash dividend of $6.00 per share for the next 9 years. How much should you pay for the stock, if you will be able to sell the stock for $28 at the end of seven years and you want to earn an annual rate of return of 11% on this investment? Select one of the companies studied by one of the group members in Week 3. Search the Internet for financial information about the company selected. Evaluate the following in a 525-word response:
- Characteristics of common and preferred stock.
- How stock markets work.
- The connection between the value of shares and dividends.
- Mention the ticker symbol of the company studied, the current price of the stock, and its financial history.
- Indicate if you would recommend investing in this stock and why. Explain. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment. Note: Grades are awarded based upon individual contributions to the Learning Team assignment. Each Learning Team member receives a grade based upon his/her contributions to the team assignment. Not all students may receive the same grade for the team assignment.
FIN 419 Week 4 Individual Assignment Capital Budgeting Decision Models
Instructions: Purpose of Assignment The purpose of this assignment is to allow the students to become familiar with and practice the measurement of Net Present Value (NPV), payback, and Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC) using Microsoft® Excel®. Assignment Steps Resources: Microsoft® Excel®, Capital Budgeting Decision Models Template Calculate the following problems using Microsoft® Excel®:
- Calculate the NPV for each project and determine which project should be accepted.
Project A Project B Project C Project D Initial Outlay (105,000.000) (99,000.00) (110,000.00) (85,000.00) Inflow year 1 53,000.00 51,000.00 25,000.00 45,000.00 Inflow year 2 50,000.00 47,000.00 55,000.00 50,000.00 Inflow year 3 48,000.00 41,000.00 15,000.00 30,000.00 Inflow year 4 30,000.00 52,000.00 21,000.00 62,000.00 Inflow year 5 35,000.00 40,000.00 35,000.00 68,000.00 Rate 7% 10% 13% 18%
- Your company is considering three independent projects. Given the following cash flow information, calculate the payback period for each. If your company requires a three-year payback before an investment can be accepted, which project(s) would be accepted?
Project D Project E Project F Cost 205,000.00 179,000.00 110,000.00 Inflow year 1 53,000.00 51,000.00 25,000.00 Inflow year 2 50,000.00 87,000.00 55,000.00 Inflow year 3 48,000.00 41,000.00 21,000.00 Inflow year 4 30,000.00 52,000.00 9,000.00 Inflow year 5 24,000.00 40,000.00 35,000.00
- Using market value and book value (separately), find the adjusted WACC, using 30% tax rate. Component Balance Sheet Value Market Value Cost of Capital Debt 5,000,000.00 6,850,000.00 8% Preferred Stock 4,000,000.00 2,200,00.00 10% Common Stock 2,000,000.00 5,600,000.00 13% Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
FIN 419 Week 5 Individual Assignment Signature Assignment: Financial Statement Analysis and Firm Performance
Instructions: About Your Signature Assignment Signature/Benchmark Assignments are designed to align with specific program student learning outcome(s) in your program. Program Student Learning Outcomes are broad statements that describe what students should know and be able to do upon completion of their degree. Signature/Benchmark Assignments are graded with a grading guide or an automated rubric that allows the University to collect data that can be aggregated across a location or college/school and used for course/program improvements. Purpose of Assignment The purpose of this assignment is to allow students the opportunity to present a business idea supported by strong financial information. The student will be able to identify the possible challenges of doing business in a foreign country and how to approach them. Assignment Steps Resources: Microsoft® PowerPoint®, Signature Assignment: Financial Statement Analysis and Firm Performance Template Prepare a 16- to 20- slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation showing the details of a business you are interested in starting in a foreign country, and for which you need $300,000. The presentation should include the following information:
- Business name
- Executive summary
- Description of the foreign country
- Business description and structure
- Market and company analysis
- Marketing and sales operational plan
- How you plan to use the $300,000
- Financial statements forecast (3 years)
- Business health assessment - using the following ratios:
- Liquidity ratios
- Solvency ratios
- Asset management ratios
- Profitability ratios
- Market value ratios Analyze and calculate the following scenarios in 525 words, including which one would you choose and why, and which financing option is best for your business:
- Investor #1 decided to loan you the $300,000, paying all of the interest (8% per year) and principal in one lump sum at the end of 5 years.
- Investor #2 offers you the $300,000, paying interest at the rate of 8% per year for 4 years and then a final payment of interest and principal at the end of the 5th year. Discuss in 525 words the challenges and risks you may face in starting a business in a foreign country including the following:
- Cultural, business, and political risks.
- How you plan to avoid operational, transaction, and translation exposure. Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
FIN 419 Week 5 Individual Assignment Final Exam
Instructions: Complete the final exam. You are allowed one attempt to complete the exam, which is timed and must be completed in 3 hours. Results are auto graded and sent to your instructor. Note: The automated final exam was designed in Google Chrome and is best viewed in the latest version of the browser. If you do not use the latest version of Google Chrome to view and complete the automated final exam, you may not be able to view the entire exam content. If you do not have the most current version of Google Chrome, download the browser before you enter the exam.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.