ETH 321 Week 4 Learning Team Assignment Apply: Internet-Based Contracting Issues
Instructions: The purpose of this assignment is to analyze internet-based contracting issues, such as online contract formation; to determine the requirements for performance and breach of online contracts; and to develop enforceable methods for dispute resolution. Read the following scenario. Great Buys is an internet-based company headquartered in New York that sells household electronics to consumers in the United States. The management team at Great Buys has some concerns about its online contracting process.
• Great Buys isn't sure it has a binding contract with its customers because the contract is completely online and in electronic format.
• Customers have argued they are not bound to the online contract because there's no handwritten "pen and ink" signature.
• Great Buys also wants to know if any international laws will apply when the company starts selling its electronic products internationally.
• Great Buys has been sued in different state courts all over the country, and it would like to know if an arbitration clause requiring that arbitration be conducted in New York City will be enforceable.
• Finally, Great Buys wants one or two suggestions for improving its internal business procedures so that customer product complaints don't turn into contract-related claims or lawsuits. Great Buys' management team asks you, the company's contract manager, to work with your team and address their concerns. Select one of the following:
- Create a 5- to 7-minute video or audio recording in which your Learning Team members provide answers to all of Great Buys' concerns. The recording may be done by Learning Team members in person (e.g., in a classroom) or via web conference or other audio/video recording software (GoToMeeting®, WebEx®, Zoom®, Skype®, or other laptop audio/video recording applications). Your Learning Team should determine how to allocate tasks among members and submit a single recording (not recordings by individual Learning Team members). Optional: your recording may include a team discussion of the issues prior to providing answers and recommendations.
Note: Audio and video recordings may not be capable of being uploaded into the classroom. Most web conference software products provide a link to recordings. If you are using web conference software, please provide your instructor with a URL link to the recording. If you are having trouble submitting your assignment, contact your instructor. Video recordings may be submitted to your instructor using Microsoft® OneDrive®, Dropbox®, or any other FTP file sender service.
- Create a 7- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® or Prezi® presentation that includes a 1- to 2-minute recording (audio, video, or both) created by your Learning Team that provides answers to all of Great Buys' concerns above. Your Learning Team can incorporate graphics, animation, or interactive Microsoft® PowerPoint® features, such as Designer and Morph (some features require a valid Microsoft® Office 365® subscription), consistent with the University of Phoenix's guidelines for use of third-party materials. Your Learning Team should determine how to allocate tasks among team members and submit a single Microsoft® PowerPoint® or Prezi® presentation (do not submit presentations by individual Learning Team members).
Note: Prezi® presentations cannot be uploaded to the classroom. Please provide your instructor with the link to the presentation on the web. Prezi® will provide you with a URL link to the presentation. If you are having trouble submitting your assignment, contact your instructor.
- Use Speaker Notes in the slides, and APA reference page. DO NOT WRITE A PAPER
- Cite a minimum of two references. Format your assignment according to APA citation guidelines (for audio or video option above or presentation option above). Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment. Note: Grades are awarded based on individual contributions to the Learning Team assignment. Each Learning Team member receives a grade based on his/her contributions to the team assignment. Not all students may receive the same grade for the team assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.