ETH 316 ENTIRE COURSE
ETH 316 Week 1 Individual Assignment When We Are Challenged
In Chapter 2 of our text, the author describes potential responses to circumstances that challenges our personal perspectives (i.e., our own particular worldview). This assignment allows us to take a closer look at our own reactions. Instructions: Attached is the document for your Week 1 Individual Assignment (When We Are Challenged). Please complete the form and submit it by the due date.
Please follow the instructions. Let me know if you have any questions.
ETH 316 Week 2 Learning Team Charter
Instructions: Hello Everyone!
Once learning team assignments have been made, complete the LT Charter as a team. Individual submissions will not be accepted. Pick one team member to submit the team's form, complete with all members' information here (one agreed-upon charter per team). You will find the LT Charter form under the Week 1 LT Charter link.
If it happens that some team members do not check in and submit contributions to the team document by the time it should be turned in, then the rest of the team will submit the charter containing their information. However, be aware that the official charter that is submitted will be the ruling guidelines that the team will adhere to. Therefore, it is important that all members contribute as soon as the team assignments have been made.
Remember that your LT Charter is the set of rules and guidelines that you (as a team) have agreed to adhere to. Resolution of all LT difficulties is the complete responsibility of the team, so be sure to create a LT Charter that covers all of your bases. For example, agree on member expectations, deadlines, etc. And include consequences for failure to adhere to the rules you have established.
The LT Charter is your team's very own guidebook, so create one that will serve you well - especially during times of conflict. :-)
ETH 316 Week 2 Learning Team Assignment Cultural Diversity in the Workplace
This week's readings focus on cultural ethics and the issue of cultural diversity in the workplace.
Imagine you and your Learning Team members are a part of a company that does not have any training in place for cultural diversity. Over lunch, you all agreed that such training is needed and that the CEO should hear your suggestion. You all get together and decide to pitch it to the CEO of your company. The CEO has agreed to meet with you all as a team to hear your suggestion, but he only has a brief amount of time to give you. As a team, try to convince him that this training is needed in order to improve both morale and productivity.
Create a 7-10 slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation (meaning 7-10 slides total) in which you try to convince the CEO of the importance of having cultural diversity training. Speaker Notes are required. They are the "voice" of your presentation.
Address the following (in this specific order):
- Why is it important to have cultural diversity training? Why isn't regular training on office protocol and behavior not enough?
- How can cultural diversity training help improve the ethics of your company? Provide at least one example.
- How can cultural diversity training cause problems for your company? Provide at least one example of a potential problem and explain how you would address or prevent this potential problem.
Remember that you have only this one opportunity to meet with the CEO. He needs to be persuaded by your presentation, so be creative and convincing.
Use the readings from this week as sources to help you.
Format your presentation according to appropriate APA guidelines. In other words, if you borrow, then give credit.
You may include images, as appropriate. However, avoid animation.
Submit your team assignment to the Assignment Files tab.
ETH 316 Week 3 Learning Team Assignment Philosopher Matrix
Instructions: Considering all of the chapters we have read so far in our textbook, you will work with your Learning Team to create a matrix of 8 major philosophers we have studied so far and their theories. Do Not discuss philosophers that are not covered by the chapters we have already read.
Your team's matrix should be in table format and have three columns:
- Column #1: Provide the philosopher's name and time period.
- Column #2: Briefly (two to three sentences) describe the main ideas of the philosopher's theories. Your brief description should be from the team's perspective. Do Not copy and paste another author's text as a substitute for your own response as a team (in your own words).
- Column #3: As a team, answer the following question briefly (two to three sentences): Why are the main ideas you provided in column #2 important in today's society? Your brief response should be from the team's perspective. Do Not copy and paste another author's text as a substitute for your own response as a team (in your own words).
Do not provide any text outside of the matrix. If your team's response requires the reference of another, be sure to provide in-text credit within your matrix for any material you summarize, paraphrase, or quote.
Your team will submit one matrix by the due date. Your matrix must be submitted as a Microsoft Word document. Any other format will not be accepted.
Format your assignment according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines. Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.
ETH 316 Week 3 Individual Assignment Mid-Week Quiz
This individual assignment is a general review of what we have covered during these 3 weeks. Please read the instructions carefully. The quiz will become available to you when Week 3 begins (Day 1 of Week 3). Instructions: Remember to include your name and the date.
Read each question carefully and select the correct answer. The quiz covers our reading materials for Weeks 1 - 3 and is open-book.
Although you may use your reading materials, you may not consult with other sources (classmates, etc.)
ETH 316 Week 4 Learning Team Assignment Group Scenario Assignment Instructions:
Instructions: For this assignment, you’re Learning Team will be reflecting on the nature of group dynamics and the ethics of dealing with individuals and individual situations.
Here is your scenario:
You are working with a small team of colleagues on a large project at work. The team consists of five people.
- Two members of the team are highly engaged and seem to work well together.
- However, a third member consistently presents work that shows little thought or effort and includes poorly written material that is not properly credited.
- A fourth member of the team is controlling and wants to constantly make decisions without consulting other members of the team.
- A fifth member of the team is going through some difficult times and is not able to participate in the team project as much as he would like.
In a 7-10 slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation (meaning 7-10 slides total):
- Introduce the scenario in your own words.
- Then address the following in order to help the team in the scenario be successful (answer each question in the order specified):
- How would you handle the member who puts forth little effort and produces work that is sub-quality?
- How would you handle the controlling team member?
- How would you handle the team member going through a difficult time? Could he get credit for work he had not done?
- What lessons can you, as a team, glean from the scenario?
Format your assignment according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines. Give credit where credit is due. Speaker Notes are required. They are the "voice" of your presentation. Do Not copy and paste another author's text as a substitute for your own response in your own words.
Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.
ETH 316Week 5 Individual Assignment Review Exam
This exam is a general review of all that we have covered for the course. Please read the instructions carefully. The exam will become available to you when Week 5 begins. Instructions: Remember to include your name and the date.
Read each question carefully and select the correct answer. The exam covers our reading materials for Weeks 1 - 5 and is open-book.
Although you may use your reading materials, you may not consult with other sources (classmates, etc.).
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.