ENG 222 Week 1 Individual Assignment Society for Technical Communication Career Research
Instructions: For this assignment, you can choose how you will submit your answers to the following questions. You may either choose to respond in a 350word reflection paper, or you may choose to do this as a podcast where you discuss your answers. Go to the website for the Society for Technical Communication, and research the answers to the following questions. Write the answers in your own words using complete sentences.
- What is the Society for Technical Communication (STC)?
- What is STC's mission statement? (Note. This can be quoted from the STC site.)
- To be considered technical communications, communications must exhibit one or more of three characteristics. What are they?
- Name three technical communications careers.
- What is the name of the STC peer-reviewed journal?
- What is a special interest group (SIG)?
- Name one SIG.
- What is your city and state? What professional chapter is closest to where you live?
- What is the difference between technical writing and technical communication?
- Based on your reading of Ch. 3 and 20 of your text, what are the characteristics of writing at work? What must you keep in mind when writing at work, and how does it differ from writing for school or in your personal life? Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.