DBM 298 Week 2 Individual Assignment Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) Hands-On Project
Complete the demonstration video available in the Student Materials showing how to use the Toolwire® environment to create a database, load one of the files into a table, generate the associated DDL for the table, and detach/reattach the database. You can follow the same approach for the other two tables.
Use the Toolwire® SQL Server® environment to build a small data mart for air traffic analysis.
Complete the following steps:
- Upload the data files available in the Student Materials to the Toolwire® SQL Server®.
- Create a database in SQL Server® to hold your data.
- Load the data files into your SQL Server® database using SQL Server® Integration Services (SSIS). You will load them into tables named "src_<filename>". For example, airline.txt should be loaded into a table called src_airline.
- Detach your SQL Server® database so that the data file can be submitted as part of your assignment.
Note: All three tables will go into the same database, so you will create the database and perform the detachment only once (not once per table).
Submit the following in a single .zip file, to the Assignment Files tab above:
- Your DTSX files from SSIS - submit a separate DTSX file for each data file being loaded.
- The DDL scripts needed to create your tables.
- A detached version of your database.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.