DBM 298 Week 1 Individual Assignment Design a Data Mart for University of Phoenix
Imagine that you are designing a data mart that will be used to analyze post activity for University of Phoenix (UOPX) online courses.
Use the data mart to answer at least three of the following sample questions:
- How many total posts were posted by University of Phoenix students in a given course over the past six months?
- What is the average number of posts per section of a given course?
- What is the total word count of all posts made by a given student?
- How many total posts were made on Saturdays?
- What percentage of posts in Database Management (DBM) courses were marked substantive?
- How does the average count of posts per section for students who enrolled in the last year compare to the average count of posts per section for students who enrolled more than three years ago?
- What percentage of overall posts come from students who were ever in the military?
Assume that each record in your fact table represents a single post by a student. (Facilitator posts are out of scope for this data mart.)
Include three separate dimension tables for date/time, student, and course section.
Ensure you have the correct data types for each field.
Design your data mart in SQL Server.
Note: You do not have to load real data into the data mart for this exercise, we are only looking for a design.
Collect all of your deliverables into a single .zip file for submission.
Submit the Data Definition Language (DDL) scripts needed to create the fact and dimension tables used to answer at least three of the questions above, to the Assignment Files tab above.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.