DBM 294 Week 1 Individual Assignment Database Development Paper
Your individual assignments in this course will focus on implementing
and manipulating a SQL Server® database.
Write a 2- to 3-page business proposal that addresses the following:
- Describe a business problem that requires data management and
could be solved by implementing a database.
- Detail the design of a database that will solve the problem.
- List the tables (minimum of 8) that will be created.
- List the columns and data types that will be part of each table.
- Identify which columns will be primary and foreign keys (for foreign
keys, indicate which primary keys these will reference).
- Explain what concept each table will represent, and give one or two
examples of the kind of data that will be in each column.
The database you describe in this week's assignment will be
implemented and manipulated in future weeks.
Every table in your database should either contain a foreign key or be
the target of a foreign key - you should have no isolated tables.
As you are creating your tables, note that in future weeks when you
implement and populate the database, you will be expected to have at
least five records per table. This knowledge may inform the tables you
Submit your proposal using the Assignment Files tab at the top of the
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.