DBM 280 Week 2 Individual Assignment Visual Aid Project, Part I
Based on this week's collaboration discussion, create a visual aid that
explains the obstacles associated with creating tables, modifying fields,
establishing primary keys and relationships, and importing data into a
table. Include solutions to overcome them.
Address the following:
- Choose two obstacles and their solutions that you personally want to
remember and believe will help you going forward working with
Microsoft® Access® databases.
- Use a software that allows you to create a visual description of your
obstacles and solutions. Examples of software you may use include
Microsoft® PowerPoint® or Piktochart. You may choose any software
that creates an electronic file you will be able to submit.
- Create at least one slide or page per obstacle/solution.
- Describe the obstacle and provide at least one solution. In total, your
file should have at least two slides or pages when this week's
assignment is complete.
Save your file in a format you can submit. Examples include the original
software file format such as PowerPoint® or PDF file format.
Submit your Visual Aid file, as your deliverable for this assignment, to
the Assignment Files tab above.
DBM 280 Week 2 Individual Assignment Creating Tables
Using the database you created in Week One, complete the following:
- Create the tables that will support an invoicing system for the online
- Include the following tables:
- Note: Make sure you have the following fields associated to the
correct table. These will be used in the following weeks (Order ID,
Order Date, Ship Date, Item Name, Item Price, Quantity, Customer First
and Last Name, Address, City, State, and Zip).
- Import the data for "Customers", using a Microsoft® Excel®
- Import the data for "Items", using a Microsoft® Excel® document
- Create the necessary fields with the appropriate data types, select
primary keys, and establish the relationships between tables.
- Include a description for each field, relevant validation rules,
formatting, and other properties.
- Add data for at least five orders. Each order should contain at least
Submit your Access® database file, as your deliverable for this
assignment, to the Assignment Files tab above.
SupportingMaterial:Customer Data FileItem Data FileIndividual: Create
a New Access® Database
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.