CYB 100 Week 5 Individual Assignment Cloud Storage-as-a-Service Resource Lab
- Lynda.com® video "Learning OneDrive" with Garrick Chow
- Pluralsight video "Office 365: Introduction to OneDrive for Business" with Alan Wright OneDrive® is a cloud-based file storage service from Microsoft® that allows you to share files between your computers and mobile devices so you can access them from anywhere you have an Internet connection. Sharing with other people is also available in OneDrive®. OneDrive® lets you send and receive documents, photos, or any other type of file, even very large files. It is similar to Dropbox and Google Drive™. This lab will help you set up your personal OneDrive® and perform procedures to share files securely with other users implementing secure archival of data on a free Cloud Storage-as-a-Service resource (OneDrive®). Complete the following:
- Go to your Outlook Web App inbox in eCampus.
- Click on the Office 365 icon on the top banner.
- Select OneDrive®.
- Using your OneDrive®, create folders named "My Private Files" and "Shared with Everyone."
- Upload non-sensitive documents of your choosing into both folders.
- Using the techniques described in the videos, control access to your "My Private Files" so only you have access to the files.
- Using the techniques described in the videos, share your "Shared with Everyone" folder with someone you know.
- Take a screenshot of your OneDrive® documents showing the folders and paste it into a Word document. Write a 1/2-page informal paper using Microsoft® Word that answers the following questions:
- Accurately define Cloud Storage-as-a-Service.
- Accurately describe how to get to OneDrive® from a Web browser.
- Describe in a set-by-step manner how to sync files.
- What is a guest link?
- List three ways you can control access in OneDrive®
- Describe two vulnerabilities you think OneDrive® contains.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.