CYB 100 Week 2 Learning Team Assignment Cybersecurity Laws
- The "APA Paper Template: 100-299" posted in the Tutorials & Guides section of the Center for Writing Excellence website, paying specific attention to APA guidelines
- The readings, videos, and Learning Team discussions from this week
- Table 3-1, "Key U.S. Laws of Interest to Information Security Professionals" of Principles of Information Security the U.S. has in place many laws related to information security, computer security, and Internet use. Many of these laws relate to information governance, accountability, and commercial liability. In addition, the issue of personal privacy is addressed in many of the laws that relate to specific industries, sectors, and types of information.
Write a 1-to 2-page paper using Microsoft® Word that answers the following questions:
- For two laws from Table 3.1 in Principles of Information Security, state the overall intent of each law. For example, what do the U.S. Police and Justice Act and the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of the U.K. do?
- Using a browser and search engine, determine the general number of cases/complaints that have been filed based on each of the laws listed below:
- Computer Fraud and Abuse Act
- National Information Infrastructure Protection Act
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Having reviewed these laws and cases/complaints associated with them, completely answer each of the following:
- Which of these laws seemed more frequently enforced? Which of these laws has resulted in a large financial impact on a business? Which of these has imposed a strict punitive damage (e.g., someone being convicted of fraud)?
- According to your answer above, what infrastructural or cyber domain sector or assets are being protected by such enforcement?
- Accurately explain if the ethical confidentiality of all private information is assured by the three laws • Based on your Learning Team discussion, list at least two conflicts faced by U.S. cloud service providers when providing services globally. Use APA citation formatting in all work submitted. Follow rules of grammar and usage, including spelling and punctuation.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.