CYB 100 Week 1 Individual Assignment Protocols Lab
Instructions: Cyberspace and the Internet (the Web) are closely related. The term "Internet" refers to a series of protocols which represent actual methods of access and transfer of digital assets. Most Internet users are familiar with the protocol of HTTP and the multimedia part of the Web called the World Wide Web (WWW). Other protocols are included in the TCP/IP protocol suite. IT and Web specialists are aware of these other protocols and their uses. Knowledge of these protocols is important in recognizing risks in cyberspace. This lab will employ one of these additional protocols and demonstrate the "reach" and scope of cybersecurity and the cyber domain. An internet-connected browser-enabled device is required for this lab. Complete the following:
- Research HTTP, TCP/IP, and FTP protocols and accurately describe each.
- Launch a browser and go to //ftp.swfwmd.state.fl.us/pub/out/. (When prompted, specify "anonymous" for username and your email address as the password.)
- Sort on "Date Modified"
- Sort on the "NAME"
- What is the date of the oldest file?
- What is the name of the first file?
- What is the "TITLE" found on the first numbered PDF image when opened and viewed locally with Acrobat Reader?
- Is the map of Southwest Florida?
- What function does the FTP protocol do?
- How many miles/kilometers is the server from you?
- Is there a risk involved related to the ease of access to such files?
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.