CSS 422 ENTIRE COURSE
CSS 422 Week 1 Individual Assignment Use Case Diagram
Instructions: Select an internet-accessible website in which you, as an end user, can perform multiple functions. For instance, your online banking site gives you the ability to deposit checks, view balances, transfer money between accounts, pay bills, view statements, etc. Referring to the diagrams from the Pluralsight videos as a guideline, construct a 1- to 2-page Use Case Diagram in Microsoft Visio® (or similar program) that shows typical scenarios of how a typical user might interact with the website. You must have at least seven different uses identified for your use case context diagram. If you have less, your system isn't rigorous enough to warrant study, or it isn't that well understood. Submit your diagram using the Assignment Files tab.
CSS 422 Week 2 Learning Team Assignment CRM Overview, Stakeholders, Development Methodology
Instructions: As a team, develop the first three sections of the Architectural Design Document (ADD) in Microsoft® Word. Summarize these sections in 150 to 175 words.
- In the ADD, label this section "Overview." Create an overview of the CRM system. Identify the core components and how you will implement it (monolithic, cloud-based, distributed, etc.). In other words, how will software be made available to end users?
- In the ADD, label this section "Stakeholder Identification." Identify the stakeholders of the system. Includes end users, developers, internal users, etc. Your team should identify at least ten stakeholders. Give a brief summary for each one, including why they are stakeholders. For those users with functional use of the CRM, list one or more uses that they would have for the system. This need not be an exhaustive list, but you are looking for the core features of the CRM to be included.
- In the ADD, label this section "Development Methodology." You are to indicate how this system will be implemented through a methodology (Agile, Lean, Waterfall, etc.). How does this development methodology impact your architectural decisions? This is a technical business document. You do not need to follow APA guidelines for this assignment, although references should be documented in a reference section. Prepare a draft for this section of the ADD. You will incorporate instructor feedback in a final submission, due in Week Five. That assignment will receive a final grade. Submit your summary using the Assignment Files tab.
CSS 422 Week 2 Individual Assignment System Reference Guide - Software Architecture Comparison
Instructions: You have been called upon to put together some reference materials for other groups to follow, since up until now they have not created any formal architectural documents. Create a System Reference Guide for your employer in three parts over Weeks Two, Three, and Four.
In this week, write the first section of the Guide: a 1,000- to 1,050-word paper, using Microsoft® Word, addressing the listed software architectures. Find an example of a well-known commercial software system for each. Give the name and purpose/function of the system, and write no less than 250 words for each system explaining why this is an example of that architecture. The architectures are:
- Peer-to-peer (P2P)
- Distributed computing (cloud, grid, etc.)
- Monolithic (standalone) Follow APA formatting guidelines. Submit your paper using the Assignment Files Tab. Note: Save your feedback from this assignment to use in Week Four to create the final System Reference Guide.
CSS 422 Week 3 Learning Team Assignment : Use Cases, User Stories, Components and Connectors
Instructions: As a team, develop the next three sections of the Architectural Design Document (ADD). 1. In the ADD, label this section "Use Cases." Develop at least three use cases this week. First, develop a context use case for those core functions you identified previously. Develop two other use case diagrams. These are specific uses of the system, known as primary scenarios. 2. In the ADD, label this section "User Stories." Along with your use case diagrams, prepare a user story for each of the two primary scenarios you prepared. This is a narrative that describes to an outsider how and why a user would use the system. What is the triggering event? What is the sequence of events that occur between the user and the system? 3. In the ADD, label this section "Components and Connectors." Identify the main components of the system. Describe or show how they will be connected (integrated) with one another. Hint: Your use cases should be helpful for this section! Prepare a draft for this portion of the ADD. Your final submission in Week Five will receive a final grade. Submit your summary using the Assignment Files tab.
CSS 422 Week 3 Individual Assignment System Reference Guide – Diagramming
Instructions: You have been called upon to put together some reference materials for other groups to follow, since up until now they have not created any formal architectural documents. As a continuation from Week Two, continue to create a System Reference Guide for your employer. For this week's assignment, create several software architecture diagrams for your company's online sales website. The website is to present a shopping cart system with which users can browse an online catalog and place orders for merchandise. The system also allows users to view previous orders, which is useful for tracking shipping for recent orders and for re-ordering items in the future. Produce the following three diagrams: 1. To present a static model of the system, create a diagram for a layered architecture view of the system. 2. Using the components you identified in your layered view of the system, create an activity diagram that shows how a customer would place an order. 3. Create a client/server diagram to model the physical view of the system. Note: Refer to the diagrams presented in the Pluralsight videos as a guide for creating these artifacts. Incorporate the three diagrams into a single document in Microsoft® Word. As this document is intended for a technical team, APA formatting is not required. Submit your diagrams using the Assignment Files tab.
Note: Save your feedback from this assignment to use in Week Four to create the final System Reference Guide.
CSS 422 Week 4 Learning Team Assignment Functional Requirements and Design Decisions
Instructions: As a team, develop the next two sections of the Architectural Design Document (ADD). The summary of this section should total 150 to 175 words and will include a matrix.
- In the ADD, label this section "Functional Requirements." Identify architecturally significant functional requirements and quality requirements for the system. Prepare an executive summary on each, and explain how you will solve them through architecture. You should specifically compare and contrast architectural patterns and design patterns in your solution. Most important, identify why you chose your solution to the problems identified. These are your design decisions.
- Summarize your design decisions by creating a matrix that shows the problem and how you solved it through software architecture techniques you have learned from this course. For example, if you decided on using a client/server pattern for this system, what problem did this solve? Prepare a draft of this portion of the ADD. Your final submission in Week Five will receive a final grade. Submit your summary using the Assignment Files tab.
CSS 422 Week 4 indidvidual Assignment System Reference Guide - Quality Attributes
Instructions: Complete the System Reference Guide for your employer, and include an architecture for a new employee website. First, identify the quality attributes that lead to the architecture, then create a high-level architectural diagram related to the qualities you identified for this assignment. When finished, combine these with the documents created in Weeks Two and Three. Your company is planning to build a new website that integrates employee tracking, attendance, scheduling, and time off requests. This system will also interface with an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) and a mobile application to allow employees to make attendance requests and view their data. Part 1: Identify the quality attributes this system will need for its architecture. Construct a matrix of quality attributes (nonfunctional requirements) that you've identified. For each attribute, identify how you would satisfy the requirement through an architectural pattern. In another column, write the tradeoffs that you might encounter when satisfying this requirement by the means you listed. Part 2: Choose one of the patterns you identified in Part 1. Create a high-level diagram that shows your architectural pattern as it is to be implemented in the system. Note: an architectural pattern is high-level, such as SOA, Layered, Client/Server, pipes-and-filters. Incorporate your diagram and matrix into a 1- to 2-page document in Microsoft® Word. As this document is intended for a technical team, APA formatting is not required.
Combine this assignment with the assignments from Weeks Two and Three to create your final System Reference Guide in a single Microsoft® Word document Submit your System Reference Guide using the Assignment Files tab.
CSS 422 Week 5 Learning Team Assignment System Modeling
Instructions: As a team, finalize the Architectural Design Document (ADD) by creating system modeling diagrams.
- In the ADD, label this section "System Modeling." Refer to the list of stakeholders you prepared earlier. Prepare a matrix that indicates the stakeholders you identified and the types of diagrams you would prepare for them. Indicate the diagram type, and use the 4+1 View Model or another framework for the classification of your diagrams. 2. Create at the following architectural diagrams in 1 to 2 pages for your CRM system:
- Architectural pattern (pipes and filters, layers, SOA, etc.)
- Logical modeling (you may choose an object diagram, class diagram, etc.)
- Dynamic modeling (you may show a data flow diagram, activity diagram, sequence diagram, etc.)
- Physical view -- Cloud, P2P, Client Server, etc. diagram of the system
- Data model -- ERD or XML template for a portion of data represented within the system Complete the assignment using the draft identified in week 2 and 4 and this week assignment. Integrate the changes from instructor feedback on your previously submitted assignments. Submit, using the Assignment Files tab, the entire ADD document as a single submission (all diagrams should be integrated into the content of the document). Your final document should include the diagrams.
CSS 422 Week 5 Individual Assignment Public Cloud Development Presentation
Instructions: Your company is considering a move to Microsoft® Azure or Amazon Web Services to host a web-based application. Prepare an 8- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation (not including any title pages or references) that shows the pros and cons your business would experience from using such a service compared to hosting the application internally. Simply submitting slides is not sufficient. Choose one of the following delivery options:
- Record your voice delivering the presentation, and submit the file just as if you were giving the presentation. Refer to the Lynda.com® recommended videos in this week if you do not know how to do a recording and would like to.
- Include detailed speaker notes for each slide. Notes should total 250 to 350 words. APA formatting is not required for content, but be sure to include a references slide for any information you retrieved from outside sources. Submit your assignment using the Assignment Files tab.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.