Software developers are often hired as contractors to work in teams to accomplish software development tasks. Over the coming weeks, you will build a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) application as a team of contractors. Each week your team will build a portion of the program.
As a team, examine the following programs and the linked sources data, and select one to complete by the end of the course:
- Create a program that will allow the user to enter a zip code and show the weather for the zip code entered. (Possible source of data: https://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/d/docs)
- Create a program to search the World Wide Web. Keep track of the last 10 searches the user entered. (Possible source of data: https://developers.google.com/custom-search/json-api/v1/using_rest)
- Create a program to take in two locations and show the driving directions between those two points. (Possible source of data: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/directions/start)
Note: Each of the programs can be accomplished by creating a UWP application calling an Application Programming Interface (API) using a Representational State Transfer (REST) web service.
For your team assignment this week, create a 1- to 2-page document using Microsoft® Word including each of the following:
- Identify and investigate the service you will use and the data the service will return.
- Investigate whatever setup you need to do in order to use the selected API, including registering for a developer key.
- Use a tool like Postman to test the API and make sure it will work for you (use the link to download Postman).
- Complete the initial class design for your selected program including properties and collections.
- Complete the initial user interface design for your program.
- Create a project plan for the work you will do with clear expectations for each team member.
Note: The Learning Team Assignment Tips document will help you as you work through all the steps to build your Universal Windows Platform application.
Submit your assignment using the Assignment Files tab.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.