CMGT 445 ENTIRE COURSE
CMGT 445 Week 1 Individual Assignment Preparing for System Implementation
Instructions: You have been asked to serve as the Project Manager for implementing the Enterprise Business Software application. Read the Brewton Business Scenario. Prepare a 2- to 3-page document (700 to 1,050 words) identifying the key stakeholders of the company who will have an interest in the implementation project and who will approve your Week Four implementation plan. Identify any challenges you anticipate in working with these stakeholders and strategies for leveraging their position within the company, their strengths, and their level of support for the project. Specify all of the human resources that will be required to implement the application and describe the roles each will play on the project. Identify computer and network resources that will be required in order for the system to be useable in a production mode of operation. Prepare a high level implementation plan using Microsoft® Project, showing just broad categories of effort that must be accomplished, and the general project timeline required to successfully implement the Business Enterprise Software application. The initial plan will have such major categories as the following:
- System Deployment Preparation
- System Documentation
- Data Conversion
- System Testing
- User Training
- System Startup You will add the detailed tasks for each category as you work on the subsequent weeks' assignments. Note: To access the Microsoft® Project template unzip the linked file.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Zip your assignment into one file. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your ZIP file of this week's assignments.
CMGT 445Week 2 Learning Team Assignment Implementation Resource Planning
Instructions: Based on the Brewton Business Scenario, outline the implementation resources identified by team members in their individual Week One assignments, prioritize the list, then create job descriptions and develop criteria to evaluate candidates. Note: To access the Microsoft® Project template unzip the linked file. Learning Teams will provide a 3- to 4-slide PowerPoint® presentation to be presented to senior management to gain approval to hire/purchase additional resources for the project. Include the following:
- List implementation resources (people and hardware) identified by combining team member lists, removing duplicates, and determining which resources are most critical.
- Identify the human resources needed for the project. Assume you will need to hire people from the outside to fill these roles.
- Specify the qualifications of human resources, and prepare "help wanted" ads to appear in job hunting websites. Each team member will provide two or three ads and suggestions of websites where the ads should be posted.
- Develop criteria for evaluating applicants responding to the ads.
- Develop criteria for assessing hardware resources to be purchased in support of the implementation project. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your PowerPoint® presentation.
CMGT 445 Week 2 Learning Team Assignment Implementation Strategies
Instructions: Using the paper started in Week One, add an additional 3 to 4 pages (1,050 to 1,400 words) describing your strategies for managing the project as follows:
- Develop a project communication plan to describe how stakeholders and managers will be kept informed regarding project progress. This will include the form of communication (status reports, meetings, etc.), frequency, and specific project milestones that will aid in determining where the implementation stands.
- Describe the various kinds of documentation that will be required to support the future system operation, including both user and technical documentation.
- Describe the Change Control Process that will be employed on the project to properly manage any disruptions to the progress of the project.
- Evaluate out-sourcing of implementation tasks, using consulting services versus performing them in-house, describing the costs, benefits, and challenges associated with each option. Incorporate feedback from your previous assignments. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Update your project plan to include the tasks associated with this week's assignment. Zip your assignment into one file. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your ZIP file of this week's assignments.
CMGT 445 Week 3 Learning Team Assignment Testing and Quality Assurance
Instructions: Note: This is part three of a four-part implementation plan that will be combined to form the finalized plan in Week Four. It is expected that adjustments will be made in the final version based on the feedback provided in Weeks One through Three. Using the paper developed in Weeks One and Two, add an additional 3 to 4 pages (1,050 to 1,400 words) describing your user acceptance testing plans for ensuring the Business Enterprise Software performs at an acceptable level. Include the following:
- Develop a data conversion plan that describes the process of migrating existing data to the testing platform.
- Describe the test environment, including hardware requirements and the personnel who will participate in user acceptance testing.
- Explain the methods and procedures that will be used to conduct the testing, such as performance testing, load testing, and/or regression testing. Incorporate feedback from your previous assignments. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Update your Microsoft® Project plan to include the tasks associated with this week's assignment. Zip your assignment into one file. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your ZIP file of this week's assignments.
CMGT 445 Week 4 Individual Assignment Employee Training
Instructions: Continuing with the paper developed in Weeks One, Two, and Three, add an additional 2 to 3 pages (700 to 1,050 words) describing your plans for training employees and preparing them for system changeover. Include the following:
- Develop a schedule of activities to prepare for training and to conduct the training.
- Describe the resources that will be needed for training, including training materials, the training methods to be used, and training schedules for each of Brewton's locations.
- Explain how training can be organized to provide training and keep the business operating.
- Prepare a 4- to 5-slide PowerPoint® presentation that will provide general information to the company employees about how the startup of the new system will affect them and what to expect in each of the stages of deployment.
- Prepare a project budget itemizing each area of expenditure required to complete the application implementation.
- Describe the proposed implementation project approval process, identifying stakeholders who will authorize the project team to go forward with the plan. Incorporate feedback from your previous assignments. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Update your project plan to include the tasks associated with this assignment. Zip your assignment into one file. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your ZIP file of this week's assignments.
CMGT 445 Week 5 Learning Team Assignment Post-Implementation Support
Instructions: Provide a 1- to 1.5-page Executive Briefing describing plans for moving the organization from the current business operating environment to the new one. Include plans for the following:
- Describe the resources that will be needed for supporting the system during the startup period.
- Define ongoing system maintenance roles and responsibilities (Corrective, Adaptive, Protective, Preventive).
- Describe procedures for evaluating and prioritizing system enhancements proposed by stakeholders. • Develop procedures for supporting the new system and its users and for applying system patches and upgrades.
- Specify procedures that will be needed for securing data assets.
- Identify measures to be taken in protecting against security threats from unauthorized access of the network.
- Explain how a Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP) and a Business Continuity Plan will protect the organization's future operation. Prepare a Visio® diagram that depicts the integrated system infrastructure supporting the new application.
CMGT 445 Week 5 Individual Assignment Continuing Education
Instructions: Beyond obtaining your degree, what certifications and/or other continuing education opportunities that are important for you to stay competitive in the job market? Conduct a search on certification and continuing education opportunities related to your current job or a future job. These can include the continuing education and credentialing opportunities through the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) with a focus on best practices in software engineering, or others you have seen. Write a 1- to 1.5-page paper describing some continuing education opportunities that could enhance your career. Cite specific examples. Submit to the Assignment Files tab.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.