CMGT 430 Week 3 Individual Assignment Using Roles
Instructions: Note: This is the second of three parts to this project. Refer back to your organization used in the Week Two Applying Risk Management Consulting assignment.
A better way to control user access to data is to tie data access to the role a user plays in an organization. Some organizations are still learning this. Your presentation this week persuades the CIO of your target organization of the importance of controlling user access.
Create a 5- to 7-narrated slide presentation that includes
- Discussion of the following objectives
- The value of separating duties in the organization
- The value of using roles to segregate the data and system access needs of individuals in the organization
- Why a role-based access control (RBAC) system would be the best way to accomplish this, including both the advantages and disadvantages of such a system
- Detailed slide notes including analysis of each concept or term listed in each slide. Each slide must include detailed slide notes supported by one or more supporting references. The references must be cited in the slide notes. Do not use material copied from your resources.
- References used to support your presentation, including a minimum of two outside academic references in addition to course textbooks and videos. Your references must be shown in a references slide at the end of your presentation.
- Neither the title slide nor the references slide are included in the required slide count.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.