CMGT 420 ENTIRE COURSE
CMGT 420 Week 1 Individual Assignment Input to Project Charter
Instructions: Think of a project that you would like to start as a project initiator or sponsor. Create a 1- to 2-page input to the "Develop Project Charter" process (see PMBOK® Guide, Section 4.1.1). Remember to focus on the input and not the output (the charter itself). You may use one of the following options to present the project that you picked:
- A legal or commercial agreement
- A timeline detailing the sequence of events
- A flowchart describing cause and consequences
- A slide presentation
- An interactive diagram
- Any other options approved by your instructor You may consider using one of the following ideas as a source for this project:
- Case studies
- An organization that you are working in (redacting where appropriate)
- A fictional organization Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
CMGT 420 Week 2 Learning Team Assignment Create Project Charter
Instructions: Create a 1-page draft outline of a project charter.
Select one of your team member's individual assignments (from Week One) to use as the input to create this project charter. Choose carefully because this charter will be used for the rest of the Learning Team activities.
Note. The project charter is not your Learning Team Charter. Do not confuse the two.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
CMGT 420 Week 2 Learning Team Assignment Input to Scope, Time, and Cost Management Planning
Instructions: Prepare a 1- to 2-page executive briefing memo for senior management.
You are a new project manager taking over for a project manager who was fired from the job. He was fired because he did not use project management framework to plan the project. The only thing that the previous project manager produced is the Project Charter. Luckily, the project is still in planning phase, and only the planning for scope, time, and cost must be completed for the project to be back on track.
Your executive briefing memo should outline all the input needed to complete the planning for scope, time, and cost. There should be a brief explanation of each input.
CMGT 420 Week 3 Individual Assignment Project Quality Management
Instructions: Prepare a 2- to 3-page paper discussing at least three common quality related challenges in a project, and how these challenges would lead to project failure. These quality-related challenges may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Forgot to pop the question
- "Good intentions, but ..."
- "We can't afford it"
- Not factored in the schedule
- Quality resources over-allocated
- "Testing takes more than one cycle?"
- Avoid gold-plating
- No risk analysis
CMGT 420 Week 4 Individual Assignment Communications Management Plan
Instructions: Write a 2- to 3-page communications management plan that includes a list of project stakeholders and their roles in the project, a RACI diagram for project resources, and a communication plan for one of the following project scenarios:
- Data center move: This is a project to move to a data center 20 miles away, while minimizing downtime • Trade show exhibition: This is a project to put your organization in a trade show that would feature one of the most important new product launches in your company
- Retail branch closure: This is a project to close one of the underperforming retail branches of your organization Note: You may also create your own project scenario. Include a short description of the project, taking up no more than one page of the total paper. Format your plan consistent with APA guidelines.
CMGT 420 Week 5 Learning Team Assignment Integration Project Management Plan
Instructions: Assemble the Learning Team deliverables from previous weeks to create an Integrated Project Management plan. Add an introduction and conclusion/summary to the plan, and provide transitions and other editing as needed to create a single unified document. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
CMGT 420 Week 5 Individual Assignment Project Management Knowledge Assessment
Instructions: Write a 1- to 2-page paper assessing your knowledge of the principles of project management that are required to pass the CAPM® exam. Include the following:
- For each of the ten project management knowledge areas addressed in chapters 4 through 13 of the PMBOK® Guide, provide a brief description of the portions of each area that you believe you understand, as well as the portions where you think that you still need more study.
- Provide a brief description of how you will continue your study or acquire additional project management knowledge in order to be able to pass the CAPM® exam.
- You may use a form such as the attached Project Management Knowledge Assessment Worksheet, or you may document your thoughts as a narrative paper. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.