CJS 245 ENTIRE COURSE
CJS 245 Week 1 Individual Assignment Juvenile Justice System Paper
Instructions: Resources: The Juvenile Justice System: Delinquency, Processing, and the Law Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper summarizing the key parameters of the juvenile justice system in the United States. Address the following:
- The historical development of the juvenile justice system. Use case law or legislation to strengthen your discussion.
- Predominant philosophy of the juvenile system
- Key differences between the juvenile and adult systems
- Distinguish between dependency and delinquency
- The reasoning behind and the importance of confidentiality in juvenile court Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
CJS 245 Week 2 Individual Assignment Crime Causation and Diversion Paper
Instructions: Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper comparing two juvenile diversions, intervention, or prevention programs operating in your city or state. Include the following in your paper:
- How do the programs work to reduce juvenile crime?
- What are the programs' major goals, objectives, and core beliefs?
- How do community-based programs address issues related to juvenile gang violence?
- What is the role of law enforcement in the programs?
- Who are the key participants in these programs?
- What services do they provide to juveniles?
- Which of the two programs is more effective at reducing juvenile crime? Why? Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
CJS 245 Week 3 Individual Assignment Juvenile and Adult Courts: A Comparative Analysis Paper
Instructions: Write a 1,050- to 1,750-word paper comparing juvenile courts with adult courts. Include the following:
- An overview of the juvenile justice system
- Compare the key differences between juvenile and adult courts, including language differences.
- The adjudication process by which a juvenile is transferred to the adult court system Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
CJS 245 Week 4 Individual Assignment Juvenile Offender Assignment
Instructions: Resource: University of Phoenix Material: Juvenile Offender Assignment, University of Phoenix Material: Juvenile Offender Case Studies Read the University of Phoenix Material: Juvenile Offender Assignment and University of Phoenix Material: Juvenile Offender Case Studies documents. Select one of the following options to complete for your assignment:
- Option 1: Juvenile Offender Flow Chart
- Option 2: Juvenile Offender Journal Entry
- Option 3: Juvenile Offender Paper Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
CJS 245 Week 5 Individual Assignment Future of the Juvenile Justice System Proposal Presentation
Instructions: You are a juvenile justice consultant creating a proposal that will be presented to the state legislature concerning the future of the juvenile justice system. Create a 10- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation including speaker notes detailing your proposal. Address recommendations for all aspects of the system, including:
- Community involvement
- Law enforcement
- Courts and sentencing
- Corrections Include a justification for the system based on history, trends, causation theories, and potential for reform. Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.