CJS 231 Week 1 Individual Assignment Crime Data Comparison Paper
Instructions: View the following Films on Demand:
- Crime and Punishment
- Experiment Research and Design
- Selecting a Sample View the following Crime videos in CJ Criminology:
- Introduction to Crimes Kiosk
- Defining and Measuring Crime View the following video in Criminology in the 21st Century:
- How Crimes are Measured Utilize FBI Uniform Crime Report data and select one offense, such as burglary, in two metropolitan areas. Choose metropolitan areas with different data. Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper comparing the occurrence of the offense in the selected areas. Identify the number of occurrences reported to the police for each area, and address the following questions:
- Which area had more reported incidents?
- What were the rates of the crime for each area?
- Did the rates change over time in either area?
- What factors might explain the differences in the rates? Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Submit your work to the Assignment Files tab.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.