CJA 374 ENTIRE COURSE
CJA 374 Week 1 Individual Assignment Juvenile Crime Statistics Paper
Instructions: Navigate to the National Criminal Justice Reference Service website (https://www.ncjrs.gov/) Go to the Site Search box Enter the following: Juvenile Arrests 2008 Bulletin. Read the “Juvenile Arrests 2008” bulletin by Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Resource: National Criminal Justice Reference Service article “Juvenile Arrests 2008”. Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper summarizing the key points of the “Juvenile Arrests 2008” article. Address the following in your paper:
- The overall decrease in juvenile arrests.
- The increase in drug offenses and simple assaults.
- Implications for juvenile females and members of ethnic and racial minorities.
- The increase in arrests of juvenile females and the decrease in arrests of male juvenile offenders for violent crimes.
- An assessment of tracking juvenile arrests as a method of measuring the amount of and trends in juvenile crime. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
CJA 374 Week 2 Individual Assignment Crime Causation and Diversion Paper
Instructions: Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper comparing two juvenile diversions, intervention, or prevention programs operating in your city or state. Address the following in your paper:
- How do the programs work to reduce juvenile crime? Base this on an analysis of the relationship between program premise and goals and one or more major causes of juvenile delinquent behavior.
- What are the programs’ major goals, objectives, and core beliefs?
- Who are the key participants in these programs?
- What services do they provide to youths?
- Identify which program of the two is more effective at reducing juvenile crime and why. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
CJA 374 Week 3 Learning Team Juvenile and Adult Courts: A Comparative Analysis
Instructions: Write a 1,050- to 1,750-word paper comparing juvenile courts with adult courts. Include the following in your paper:
- An overview of the juvenile justice system.
- A point-by-point comparison between juvenile and adult courts.
- The adjudication process by which a juvenile is transferred to the adult court system.
- The implications of the following for youthful offenders:
- The trend of increasing the use of waivers
- The trend of remanding juveniles to adult court for processing.
- The societal implications of abolishing juvenile court. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
CJA 374 Week 4 Individual Assignment Juvenile Justice Process and Corrections
Instructions: Resource: University of Phoenix Material: Juvenile Justice Process and Corrections. Read the instructions in the University of Phoenix Material: Juvenile Justice Process and Corrections on the student website and select one option to complete for your assignment.
- Option 1: Flow Chart
- Option 2: Offender Journal Entry
- Option 3: Paper
CJA 374 Week 5 Learning Team Assignment Future of the Juvenile Justice System Proposal and Presentation
Instructions: Write a 1,750- to 2,250-word proposal addressing the following scenario: You are a team of juvenile justice consultants creating a proposal that will be presented to the state legislature concerning the future of the juvenile justice system. Address the following in your proposal:
- Recommendations for all aspects of the system including the following:
- Community involvement
- Law enforcement
- Private sector or privatization involvement
- A justification for the system and funding based on history, trends, and causation theories. Create a 10- to 15-slide presentation of the highlights of your proposal, including speaker notes as you would deliver to the state legislature. Also include 2 to 3 recommendations from the team. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.