CJA 334 Week 2 Individual Assignment Gathering Research Data Paper
Instructions: Gathering Research Data Paper You are interested in conducting research concerning police officers and their jobs. The information you want to gather, including job satisfaction or job hazards, is up to you as long as you clearly state the goal of your research. The method you use should be appropriate for the goal of your research. Develop a 1,050- to 1,750-word paper addressing what you have learned about criteria for criminal justice research, specifically with regards to what research method is appropriate in your proposal. Address the following questions:
- What is the goal or purpose behind your proposed research?
- What type of interview structure would you use? Why?
- What would be some questions you would ask? Why?
- What are some distinct advantages of a qualitative data-gathering strategy, such as participant observation, over more quantitative approaches?
- When conducting survey research, how important is informed consent and confidentiality? Include at least three references (cite within the body and on the References Page). Use section headings in the body of the paper (required). Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.