CJA 314 Week 1 Individual Assignment Crime Data Comparison Paper
Instructions: Resource: Films on Demand
- “Crime and Punishment”
- “Experiment Research and Design”
- “Selecting a Sample” Resource: Types of Crime video in CJ Criminology
- “Introduction to Crimes Kiosk” Resource: Criminology in the 21st Century
- How Crimes Are Measured Utilize FBI Uniform Crime Report data and select one offense, such as burglary, in two metropolitan areas. Choose metropolitan areas with different data. Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper comparing the occurrence of the offense in the selected areas. Identify the number of occurrences reported to the police for each area, and address the following questions:
- Which area had more reported incidents?
- What were the rates of the crime for each area?
- Did the rates change over time in either area?
- What factors might explain the differences in the rates? Include at least two peer reviewed references. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.