CJA 304 ENTIRE COURSE
CJA 304 Week 1 Individual Assignment Effective Communication Paper
Instructions: Write a 1,050- to 1,750-word paper in which you describe the following:
- The process of verbal and nonverbal communication and the associated components of each
- Differences between listening and hearing in communication
- The formal and informal channels of communication in criminal justice organizations
- Different barriers to effective communication in criminal justice organizations
- Strategies that may be implemented to overcome communication barriers in criminal justice organizations Provide real-world criminal justice examples to illustrate your points. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
CJA 304 Week 2 Individual Assignment Effective Communication in Criminal Justice Settings
Instructions: Read the instructions in the University of Phoenix Material: Effective Communication in Criminal Justice Settings on the student website and select one option to complete for your assignment. The delivery options for this assignment include the following:
- Option 1: Criminal Justice Training Job Aid
- Option 2: Microsoft® PowerPoint® Presentation
- Option 3: Paper
- Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
CJA 304 Week 3 Learning Team Police Report
Instructions: Resource: Virginia v. Moore court case documents, or a similar court case’s documents that are as complex as Virginia v. Moore and are approved by your instructor Search the Internet for the Virginia v. Moore court case or a similar court case. You may do a general Internet search, or you may search specific sites, such as the Supreme Court of the United States (www.supremecourt.gov). Identify and discuss the various types of written and oral communication presented in the case and the guidelines for each type of communication. Consider communication types for the prosecution, defense, witnesses, and the judge. Write an arrest-and-incident police report using the specified guidelines and parameters for report writing as outlined in this week’s assigned readings. Imagine you are the investigating officer when writing the report. Include the following:
- The report must be factual, accurate, objective, and complete.
- Ensure that the police report is as long as necessary, concise, clear, and mechanically correct. Format your police report consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
CJA 304 Week 3 Individual Assignment Quiz
Instructions: Complete the quiz provided by your instructor. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
CJA 304 Week 3 Learning Team Acquiring Admissible Statements Worksheet
Instructions: Complete the University of Phoenix Materials: Acquiring Admissible Statements Worksheet on the student website. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
CJA 304 Week 4 Individual Assignment Technology and Communication Paper
Instructions: Prepare a 1,050- to 1,750-word paper that explains how technology affects the communication capabilities of specialized databases in the criminal justice system. Include the following in your paper:
- A comparison of at least two types of specialized databases, such as the following:
- Mobile data terminals
- Live scan
- Facial recognition
- Iris scan
- Positive effects of new technologies on communication
- Negative effects of new technologies on communication
- A discussion about which new specialized technologies you might want to use and why Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
CJA 304 Week 5 Individual Assignment Press Release and Reflection Summary
Instructions: Navigate to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) website (www.fbi.gov). Click on News from the tab located at the top of the page. Click on Press Releases. Review the FBI’s top 10 news stories for the past week to see how a press release is written. Write a 350- to 700-word press release about a current criminal justice event or an issue in your state that involves a diverse group and potential language barriers. Include a 350- to 700-word reflection summary that addresses the following questions about the press release:
- Who was your diverse group, and what methods did you use to communicate effectively?
- Did writing a press release about the event require you to be compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act? If so, how?
- How did you address language barriers, if any?
- What were the communication dynamics specific to this event? Format your press release and reflection summary consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
CJA 304 Week 5 Learning Team Assignment Technical Communication Methods and Practices Paper and Presentation
Instructions: Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper, based on the assigned readings and additional resources, describing technology an officer would use to communicate with another officer, the department, or the dispatch center before or after an incident. Address the following in your paper:
- Identify the technological tools that might be used in the communication process. How might current technology be used to communicate more effectively within the various areas of the criminal justice system? What future technologies, not currently in existence, do you foresee being used to further communication, particularly in interview and interrogation situations? Create a 7- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation to accompany your paper. Format your paper and presentation consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.