CJA 234 Week 3 Learning Team Correctional Officers’ Experiences Summary
- Assume the role of correctional officers at a maximum-security prison. A university professor has asked you to speak to her class about your experiences as correctional officers. To prepare for the visit, she has sent you the questions that the students will ask you.
- How does the prison environment influence the way you ensure security and custody in your prison? • What methods of secure custody do you use in your prison?
- How do you ensure professionalism among the corrections staff?
- Do you work for a private or non-private prison? How do your daily work experiences differ from those of others according to the type of prison you work for?
- Create a hypothetical maximum-security prison environment to use as a basis for your answers. The prison may be a state, federal, private, or no private prison.
- Write 200- to 300-word responses to each question, responding as you would to the students during the classroom visit.
- Remember correctional officers will likely have different experiences and answers to these questions. Format your answers to reflect those differences.
- Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.