CJA 214 Week 5 Individual Assignment Future of Policing Paper
Instructions: Complete the following CJi Interactive activities:
- Ch. 6: The Police and Constitution > Myths & Issues Videos > Issue 1: The Loss of Some Personal Liberty as a Result of the Patriot Act may Actually Protect Liberty
- Ch. 7: The Police: Issues and Challenges > Learning Modules > Types of Force
- Ch. 7: The Police: Issues and Challenges > Learning Modules > Police Liability
- Ch. 7: The Police: Issues and Challenges > Myths & Issues Videos > Myth v. Reality: Police Often have to Confront Dangerous Situations with Deadly Force
- Ch. 7: The Police: Issues and Challenges > Myths & Issues Videos > Issue 1: Profiling Prepare a 1,050 minimum-word paper explaining critical issues in policing. Address the following key aspects of policing activities and operations:
- What are some of the dangers of policing?
- What are Less-than-lethal weapons and how do they affect policing?
- Discuss technology in policing. Discuss the technological explosion in law enforcement. Examine the most prevalent technological advances that assist in policing activities, as well as the most prevalent technological challenges that might hinder policing activities in the future.
- Discuss the issues of homeland security and law enforcement relationships.
- What trends are currently impacting policing? What are some foreseeable critical issues that will potentially affect policing in the future? What changes need to be made to effectively manage these trends? Include information learned from the CJi Interactive activities in your paper.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.