CIS 298 ENTIRE COURSE
CIS 298 Week 1 Individual Assignment Real World Regulatory Compliance
Instructions: Research the HIPAA violation case examples on the Department of Health and Human Services website. As a member of a Health IT team, you are asked to present your research to your peers and the manager of the team. Select one of the cases, summarize the case, and present the case. Use one of the following options to present the case that you picked:
- Option 1: A timeline detailing the event
- Option 2: A flowchart describing cause and consequences
- Option 3: A slide presentation
- Option 4: An interactive diagram
- Option 5: Any other options specified by your instructor Specify the case you picked by including a link or a clear description. Submit your presentation to the Assignment Files tab above.
CIS 298 Week 2 Individual Assignment: Proper Use of PHI
Instructions: The management of a healthcare organization has asked you to create a poster or job aid to be hung in the employee break room illustrating the appropriate use of PHI in the workplace. Create a digital poster using Microsoft® PowerPoint®, Publisher®, Word, or sites such as Glogster or Piktochart, that illustrates the appropriate use of PHI by employees in a healthcare organization. Include the following in the poster:
- A definition of PHI
- What is considered PHI
- Solutions for protecting PHI
- Reference to HIPAA including exemptions for data sharing Cite two references on your poster. Use your creativity to add appropriate images and links. Submit your poster as a PDF, or a link to your poster, to the Assignment Files tab.
CIS 298 Week 2 Individual Assignment CIS 298 Week 3 Individual Assignment
Instructions: Research typical organizational structures in the healthcare setting by visiting the website of several hospitals, medical groups, and private practice organizations. Create an organizational chart using any Microsoft® program or sites such as Lucid chart, that includes the following detail:
- Management hierarchy including CEO, COO, CIO, CFO, and CMO with definitions of each.
- Departmental breakdown that includes administrative functions, clinical activities, and other functions. • A summary of the organization including number of employees, type of services offered, and overall size. Submit the organizational chart as a PDF, or link to your chart, to the Assignment Files tab above.
CIS 298 Week 3 Individual Assignment Designing an IT Operation
Instructions: You have been brought in to share your approach to the IT design of three different locations; a primary care clinic, a convenient care clinic, and an urgent care clinic. Because these are new locations, you have been asked to compare different choices in your IT design for each location in order to find the most cost-effective choice for each location. Choose between the following options to showcase your findings:
- Option 1: A 1-page paper in APA format
- Option 2: A 5- to 7-slide presentation with detailed speaker notes
- Option 3: Comparison chart
- Option 4: Option provided by instructor The healthcare providers are as follows:
- Primary care clinic: This clinic is located inside a new strip mall in a growing suburb with limited space for IT hardware (server room). It has average Internet connectivity speed.
- Convenient care clinic: Located inside a big box retailer, this clinic has more physical space for equipment but a lot of foot traffic in and around the clinic. The site also has limited physical security.
- Urgent care clinic: This is located in a new standalone building next to a town center with dedicated facilities for IT equipment. Submit your comparison to the Assignment Files tab above.
CIS 298 Week 3 Individual Assignment IT Operations
Instructions: Review the case study, "HIT in the Real World" on pages 213 and 214 of the CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician HIT-001 Authorized Cert Guide. Write a 1- to 2-page paper addressing the following items:
- What is the underlying issue?
- Is deleting the log files weekly the only solution? What other solutions might have been implemented? • How would you address this issue if you were the IT manager? Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.
CIS 298 Week 4 Individual Assignment EHR/EMR Technologies
Instructions: Develop a 5- to 7-slide presentation that addresses the requirements for a project governance board investigating the feasibility of a new Electronic Health Record (EHR)/Electronic Medical Record (EMR) technology. Include an outline of technology implications comparing the following in your presentation:
- Active Server Pages (ASP)/Cloud vs. client-server
- Browser vs. installed application vs. terminal/remote access
- Hardware support, including support for smart mobile devices Use any presentation software of your choice. Include detailed speaker notes or transcription of narration. Submit your presentation to the Assignment Files tab above.
CIS 298 Week 4 Individual Assignment Health IT Careers
Instructions: Read "Exercise 2-1 Careers" on page 52 of Essentials of Health Information Management: Principles and Practices. Follow instructions one through four in the exercise. Create a display of the career information, including a description of the work, working conditions, environment, employment, and training. Provide other information such as; job advancement, outlook, earnings, and other interesting facts about the career. Display information in one of the following ways:
- Option 1: A digital poster with images and text using Microsoft® PowerPoint®, Publisher®, Word, or sites such as Glogster or Piktochart.
- Option 2: A 6- to 8-slide presentation with detailed speaker notes or audio narration.
- Option 3: A chart featuring detailed descriptions.
- Option 4: A 1- to 2-page paper in APA format.
- Option 5: An interview with someone currently in the field. Provide contact information for the interview subject. Submit your career information to the Assignment Files tab above.
CIS 298 Week 5 Individual Assignment Encryption Technologies
Instructions: In Week Four, you designed a hybrid wired and wireless network, identified the hardware Instructions: Compare each set of terms below. Include a definition for each term, the similarities, and differences between the two terms.
- Encryption at rest vs. Communication encryption
- Disaster Recovery Planning vs. Business Continuity Planning
- Breach vs. Hack
- PHI vs. PII
- Authentication vs. Authorization Fulfill the objectives of this assignment by choosing one of the following options:
- Option 1: A chart featuring detailed descriptions
- Option 2: A 6- to 8-slide presentation with detailed speaker notes or audio narration
- Option 3: A 1- to 2-page paper in APA format Submit your comparison to the Assignment Files tab above.
CIS 298 Week 5 Individual Assignment EMR Replacement
Instructions: Resources: The Collaborative Activity discussions in Weeks Two, Three, and Four. The selected organization from your Collaborative Activity has chosen to replace its Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system. You were asked to take on the role of project manager for this effort. As project manager, you must present your plan for the new EMR system in order to educate the organization on the need and the impact of the implementation. Develop a 10- to 12-slide presentation with the following information:
- A brief overview of the current organizational structure and technology used.
- An outline of the issues facing the organization with emphasis on technology problems or concerns. • A description of how the structure of the organization might either support or impede a new implementation.
- A description of how the current hardware and network infrastructure could be used to support the new environment.
- An outline of how the current clinical workflow would support the implementation of a new technology platform.
- A timeline for a replacement technology.
- A cost estimate for a replacement technology. Include detailed speaker notes or transcription of narration. Submit your presentation to the Assignment Files tab above.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.