CIS 293 Week 4 Individual Assignment Design and Test a Small Network
- Lynda.com® video, Visio 2016 Essential Training
- Design Tools article located within the Week Two Electronic Reserve Readings You work for a regional company that provides payroll and benefit administration services. The company is opening a new regional office and you have been tasked with the following:
- Designing a hybrid wired and wireless network that meets the defined uses and requirements
- Summarizing a test plan for the new network installation Network Uses and Requirements are as follows:
- The new office will have five accountants, five support staff, and an IT administrator.
- The accountants and the IT administrator will each have separate offices.
- There will be one conference room.
- The support staff will have a shared space with separate work stations.
- In addition to the computers, the following devices will be on the network and shared by everyone:
- Two high-end color LaserJet multifunction printers with copy, scan, print, and fax capabilities
- Two low-end single function laser printers
- E-Mail Server
- File Server, which contains several databases
- Print Server
- The employees in the new office will also need access to the main office network and Internet. • A guest network is also needed for customers that provides Internet access. Create the following documentation:
- A network diagram illustrating your network design created in Microsoft® Visio®; including the appropriate security features, labeled network components, and the correct diagram shapes.
- A 1-page executive summary explaining the design and identifying the high-level components included in the network installation test plan. Submit the Microsoft® Visio® file and the Executive Summary to the Assignment Files Tab.
Note: Your network design will be used in the Week Five Individual Assignment titled, "Network Performance Troubleshooting Processes."
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.