CIS 291 Week 2 Individual Assignment: Power Supply Replacement Process
Instructions: Resources: Sample process documents are available at many manufacturers' sites. Here are two samples from Hewlett-Packard:
- Power Supply Replacement
- Motherboard Replacement You work on a desktop support team supporting end-users via telephone. You receive a call and the end-user describes the problem. The problem is as follows: The computer is getting excessively hot and frequently shuts down unexpectedly. There is also a strange noise coming from the back of the computer case. Create a process document the desktop support team members can use to determine whether the issue is related to the power supply and resolve the issue. Include the following in your document:
- A list of power supply problem indicators
- Questions to help clarify the problem and determine if it is related to the power supply
- Specifications you would need to gather to identify a replacement power supply
- Steps to select and replace a power supply of a desktop computer that requires a minimum of 1,200 watts of power
- Steps to transfer the power supply to the new system, including cautions and notes
- Notes are tips and tricks for completing the process
- Warnings are instructions to prevent harm or damage to the hardware
- Cautions are instructions to prevent injury
- Steps to test the power supply to ensure it is working properly after troubleshooting and reconciling end-user issues Create your document using Microsoft® Word. You may augment your written guidance with flowcharts or illustrations created in Microsoft® PowerPoint®, Visio®, or another software application approved by your Instructor. Submit the document to the Assignment Files tab.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.