CIS 207 Week 1 Individual Assignment Information System Overview
Instructions: We interact with information systems every day. For example, libraries have systems that enable you to search for, reserve, and check out books; utilities maintain systems that enable customer service representatives to answer questions about your bill; and your grocery store checkout station is connected to multiple systems that enable the store executives to determine staffing levels, inventory levels, advertising, and promotion efforts. Select an information system you use on a regular basis. Create an overview that explains the following:
- The type of the information system
- The evolution of the selected type of information system. (e.g. the evolution of student financial aid systems in general)
- How the information system affected jobs and careers. (e.g. before financial aid systems were developed and which jobs supported the function of financial aid that do not exist today due to technology)
- The names of the components used and a description of the purpose or role of each. (Hint: Use information system components you learned so far.)
- The benefits this system evolution has brought to you, the organization implementing the change, and other people or organizations within the community Present your recommendation in one of the following ways:
- A 2-page Microsoft® Word document
- A 12- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with detailed speaker notes and appropriate animations Note: You can include diagrams developed with Microsoft® Visio®, Microsoft® PowerPoint®, or another software application approved by your Instructor if you feel it will enhance your recommendation. Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.