BSHS 485 Week 5 Learning Team Assignment Community Issues and Advocacy
Instructions: Research a local community or state issue of your choice in which advocacy efforts were executed. Write a 1,500- to 2,000-word paper discussing the influence of the social and political environment on advocacy efforts in relation to the delivery of Human Service. Address the following:
- Research an issue in your local community or state where advocacy efforts impacted the social and political climate. Examples could include:
- childhood obesity,
- gun violence (as it relates to human services),
- opiate abuse and other prescription drug addictions,
- women's health,
- youth diversion programs,
- Analyze the social and political climate in which your issue has existed and how advocacy has influenced Human Service programming or delivery changes in the last 10 years.
- Identify the advocates and stakeholders and assess how their roles influence the advocacy process.
- Elaborate on how advocacy efforts have influenced current attitudes and policies towards issues that affect human services.
- Profile how advocacy efforts have evolved and changed over time to influence the interaction of human systems.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the advocacy work and the impact on the access to services and community resources. Cite at least two peer-reviewed sources. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.