BSHS 485 Week 4 Learning Team Assignment Developing a Coalition
Instructions: There are different methods of addressing community needs. In this assignment, your team is responsible for working together to develop a community coalition to address the need for a tobacco control program. Imagine your team conducted a community needs assessment and determined that there is a need to develop a tobacco control program in your community. Your team has decided that the best way to begin is to develop a coalition, and you must present this idea to your community leaders. Review the Best Practices for Comprehensive Tobacco Control Programs: User Guide, produced by the Center for Tobacco Policy Research at the George Warren Brown School of Social Work at Washington University in St. Louis, to assist in developing a plan to organize and implement the Tobacco Program Coalition. Create a 15- to 20-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation that describes the steps you will take to develop the coalition, implement it, and ensure it is sustainable in the community and beyond. Include the following:
- Explain the history and core values of the coalition.
- Describe the need that propelled this coalition.
- Describe the mission, vision, and purpose.
- Describe the steps you will take to develop the coalition.
- Describe the leadership structure and philosophy of the coalition, and how each of the skills of a good leader as defined in the Best Practices for Comprehensive Tobacco Control Programs: User Guide, will be demonstrated.
- Explain how you will implement the coalition.
- Discuss how you will sustain the coalition in the community.
- Explain how the success of this coalition will benefit other communities. Include a minimum of two sources. Include detailed speaker notes for each slide. Format any citations within your presentation according to APA guidelines. Submit your presentation to the Assignment Files tab.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.