BSHS 485 ENTIRE COURSE
BSHS 485 Week 1 Individual Assignment What is Advocacy?
Instructions: Write a 1,050- to 1,250-word paper in which you discuss the purpose of advocacy and how it creates social change. Address the following:
- Discuss the principles and purpose of advocacy.
- Discuss how advocacy creates social change.
- Include a detailed example of advocacy from history and how it created social change.
- Include a detailed example that was an attempt to create social change but did not work. Why didn't it work? Cite at least two peer-reviewed sources. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 485 Week 2 Learning Team Assignment Persuasive Presentation for Developing a Homeless Shelter
Instructions: Reference: "Preplanning Specific Audits" section of Ch. 3, "Audit Process," of CISA®: Instructions: You are a team of consensus organizers who want to become the lead advocate group for developing a homeless shelter in the community. Create an 8- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation to convince community leaders that your approach of community organizing will successfully result in having the community accept a homeless shelter in their area. Include the following in your presentation to persuade the community why this approach will be effective:
- Provide a clear overview of consensus organizing.
- Provide an outline for a successful homeless shelter
- Identify and discuss the strategic principles of consensus organizing that you will utilize for the project. • Explain why the shelter will be sustainable in the community. Cite at least two peer-reviewed sources. Format any citations in your presentation consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment
BSHS 485 Week 2 Individual Assignment Mon Valley Case Study
Instructions: Read the Mon Valley Case Study located in Consensus Organizing, Chp. 3
Complete the University of Phoenix Material: Mon Valley Case Study Responses. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 485 Week 3 Individual Assignment Letter to A Community Leader
Instructions: You have identified an issue within your community (local or state) and you want to see it addressed. In 1,050-1,250 words, use a letter format for your paper in which you address a decision maker or decisions makers in the community. Address the following:
- Identify the issue and provide a brief history of the problem.
- Explain why the issue is negatively affecting the community.
- Explain your ideas on the root of the problem and propose possible solutions.
- Include consensus organizing in your solutions.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
BSHS 485 Week 4 Individual Assignment Community Toolbox Assignment Read Chp. 23, Section 1 of The Community Toolbox
Instructions: Write a 1,000-1,200 page paper based off the reading that addresses the following:
- How does the information in this section apply to the general concept of advocacy and social change?
- Do you find the information practical and realistic? If so, how would you use it to benefit your community, local or otherwise?
- How might using the information help overcome barriers to advocacy and community change?
- How does this section relate to both self-empowerment and proactive organizing efforts to create change?
BSHS 485 Week 4 Individual Assignment Audit Reporting
Instructions: Scenario: As a significant learning experience in your internship with an IT/IS audit firm, the senior auditor with whom you are working has asked you to design the audit presentation and report for clients in both groups: top management executives and lower level staffs in the organization. Prepare a 2- to 3-page memo to the senior auditor in Microsoft® Word discussing how you would provide the information to the clients in both groups. Select either interim report or closing conference report. They may be either written or verbal. Provide the logic for your selection and to what group in the organization you will first present the audit findings. Include your logic for presenting to this group first. Discuss the major characteristics of your detailed audit finding report and how you would distribute the report to each group. Submit your memo using the Assignment Files tab.
BSHS 485 Week 4 Learning Team Assignment Developing a Coalition
Instructions: After conducting a community needs assessment, you determine there is a need to develop a tobacco control program in your community. You have decided that the best way to begin is to develop a coalition. Unfortunately, there may be many barriers and obstacles to developing the coalition. Prepare a 8- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation for the community and potential coalition members. Include the following in your presentation:
- Identify the barriers to developing a coalition.
- Discuss what the barriers are.
- Discuss the approach you will take to overcome these barriers.
- Discuss the characteristics of a unified coalition. Cite at least two peer-reviewed sources. Format any citations in your presentation consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment
BSHS 485 Week 5 Learning Team Assignment Community Issues and Advocacy
Instructions: Research a local community or state issue of your choice in which advocacy efforts were executed. Write a 1,500- to 2,000-word paper discussing the influence of the social and political environment on advocacy efforts in relation to the delivery of Human Service. Address the following:
- Research an issue in your local community or state where advocacy efforts impacted the social and political climate. Examples could include:
- childhood obesity,
- gun violence (as it relates to human services),
- opiate abuse and other prescription drug addictions,
- women's health,
- youth diversion programs,
- Analyze the social and political climate in which your issue has existed and how advocacy has influenced Human Service programming or delivery changes in the last 10 years.
- Identify the advocates and stakeholders and assess how their roles influence the advocacy process.
- Elaborate on how advocacy efforts have influenced current attitudes and policies towards issues that affect human services.
- Profile how advocacy efforts have evolved and changed over time to influence the interaction of human systems.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the advocacy work and the impact on the access to services and community resources. Cite at least two peer-reviewed sources. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.