BSHS 465 Week 5 Individual Assignment Professional Skills Paper
Instructions: Complete both parts of this assignment. Part A Imagine you have been asked by your supervisor at a community outreach center to develop a treatment program for a vulnerable population. The community outreach center offers services to a variety of at-risk populations in your community. You have been given the opportunity to choose one of the following diverse populations to create the program to serve:
- Homeless parents with children
- Older adults
- People with a serious mental illness
- Adults with developmental disabilities
- Teenagers with substance abuse issues
- Victims of domestic violence
- Young adults with physical disabilities Research best practices for treatment of and interventions for your selected population using peer-reviewed journal articles from the University Library. Use the research to determine the type of treatment program for your selected population. Create a visually appealing brochure to introduce and promote your population specific treatment program and the intervention services. Include the following components in your informational brochure:
- Briefly introduce your Community Outreach Center, including mission statement and service goals.
- Provide an overview of the treatment intervention program.
- Describe the program and include the research that supports the effectiveness of the program.
- List requirements for participation in the program.
- Describe the treatment goals and expected intervention results, including post-treatment support.
- Describe ethical and cultural considerations.
- Explain how the intervention program supports the Community Outreach Center's mission, values, and ethical standards of the agency. Part B After developing your intervention program and the brochure, you are asked to evaluate the efficacy of the treatment program. Write a 350- to 700-word summary describing what you learned creating the intervention and brochure. Be sure to include the following in your summary:
- What value does the program and interventions bring to the agency?
- What ethical concerns might materialize in the implementation of the program, and how will you address them appropriately?
- How does the program comply with local policy and legislative requirements?
- How will you determine if the brochure is effective? Why or why not?
- Were there challenges that came up for you in developing the brochure? What will you do to address these challenges in the future? Format your assignment according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines. Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.